Sex scene POV

Status
Not open for further replies.

lise8

Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to know your opinion on this.

There are two sex scenes in my story which are more romantic in nature than for-excitement, although I hope it will generate a little of the later too.

At the moment, the longest one, (4 pages) is from the male MC, whilst the second, which is much shorter (1 and 1/2 pages) is from the female MC.

Does that seem weird to you? Would you prefer both to be from her perspective?

The first scene is when he focuses on pleasing her (probably why it lasts longer), the second is when she is feeling very horny and focuses on him as she is raring to go (hence why it is shorter)

Does that make it more acceptable to have the scenes from the current POVs?

Looking forward to hearing your views...

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
The general rule of thumb if you use multiple POV is to pick the character in the scene who has more at stake. If your male MC is really concerned about pleasing his love interest, then it makes perfect sense to use his POV.

slicing_angel2003

Registered
Reaction score
I think if the POV is on the one focusing on the other it should be fine. The important part is that it reads clear. Do your characters take anything away from the encounter (other than a good time)? If so then the one taking the most away from it should be the one in POV. For example is this the first time the MFC is letting someone take control and please her? If so you might want it in her POV. If not his POV works too.

Viridian

local good boy
Registered
Reaction score
What they said.

I don't think it's a huge deal if a heterosexual sex scene is told from the POV of the male, or if the sex scenes are told from different POVs. As a reader, I don't think it's ever been a factor for me. There are more important concerns, like tension and all that nonsense.

You probably have reasons for having it the way you have it right now. Gender and such probably aren't more important than those reasons.

VoireyLinger

Angel Wing Fetish
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.voireylinger.com
I'd find it odder if all the sex scenes were only from one POV. With a multiple POV story, I'd expect both characters to be invested enough in the encounters to warrant a scene from their perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.