I'm thinking of giving up on Standard Model Publishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
Hmm, there seem to be a lot of books that don't have it. There isn't a box to check or something else to include it?

Of the ones showing in the "customers who viewed this item also viewed" section on her book page - none of them have the "look inside." On my view of Amazon. Yours might be different. ?

That's weird. I know that KDP has been having various issues this week (some folks on the KDP boards have reported over a week for Look Inside to show up) so maybe that's part of the problem.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Only 10? That's hardly any at all.:D Really. I probably sent out 100. Some responded, some did not. Eventually I sold my book though and was thrilled to get the phone call - "Grab a glass of wine and celebrate. We're publishing your book!" Of course, I'm the most tenacious person I know, so......

Oh, sure, back in the day I've submitted 100s of queries. But now, I'm old and tired and don't have any patience for an industry where rudeness is considered good business. I can take rejection, but being ignored just pisses me off. I've also had less than stellar experience with small publishers. I can make more on my own than I can with people who will only make the book worse and take most of the profits from my endeavors. And most agents and publishers have no reason to take a chance on an almost-was/has-been.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so I got an email from the one agent I really want...and he apologized for the delay. At last some manners. I'm back in the Standard Model of Publishing, though I'm still doing my old trilogy as self-published kindle ebooks. I person just needs a flash of hope here and there...

The book I wrote in France is too good to not get the best treatment I can find for it. And that's with a good agent and solid publisher (if I can find any interested takers).

RedWombat

Runs With Scissors
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ursulavernon.com
Congrats!

Let us know how self-publishing the backlist goes--that's one of the big profitable fields in SP, from what I understand, and best of luck with the agent!

Status
Not open for further replies.