My Work is Never Done Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alison_Kale

Registered
Reaction score
Polishing up a contemporary manuscript and editing a connected novel. Trying to keep from jumping into any other projects until those are done!

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I sent off my first sub for 2012 today to TEB for their Lust Bites line. I hope I hear back soon because I hate waiting :)

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Finished up the editing for The Last Road Home novella a couple of days ago. Subbed to TEB today. *crosses fingers*

I'm looking at a weekend vaca to spend time with family before I start back on editing Angel's Redemption. Then I have a short story I'm almost done with for the M/M romance group on Goodreads for their Love is Always Write project.

busy, busy

sparnols

Registered
Reaction score
And here I am racking my brain trying to get my first MS ready for sub. You all make me feel like a major slacker. I have edited till my brain hurts. Rewrote my quiery like ten times and still feel like I am missing the punch. Then again I guess thats part of being new at all of this finding your grove. I do have to say that AW has helped me figure out alot of my mistakes and next on my list is to stop procrastinating with sending out my MS. Thanks everyone.

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
I sent a submission off last weekend and am now working on finishing a draft that's been a bit start-stop-start-stop. But now I'm intending to keep on through to the end, which I should reach before the end of this month.

Nightmelody

Registered
Reaction score
This month I'm writing a rough draft 20k novella for an antho call. Blog tour for April releases needs several posts related to the book that are not blurb/excerpt posts. Also suddenly have three covers for three of my out of contract ebooks so will work on formating them, though that is not a big priority. Am waffling around on where to send a sub--may wait until I hear yay or nay from Entangled.

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
This week:
Working on revisions for Carina MS;
Writing a guest blog post;
Writing a 'Gaytime Drama' episode for the Goodreads m/m group;
Writing a photo-prompted short story for the Goodreads m/m group;
Resolving to stop signing up for promo stuff because it drives me crazy and I really don't think it pays off;
Responding to edit requests/cover art forms, etc. for any books currently in the editing queue;
HOPEFULLY getting back to my just-finished first draft of my WIP to make the changes that are driving me crazy before I put it in the drawer for a couple months.
I'd LOVE to start something new, but don't see that happening... maybe I can at least start the 'daydreaming' stage...

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
It's been hectic this month. I'm balancing work with moving to a new place along with two WIPs that need to be finished, edited, and sent out. *screams*

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
don't mind me....

i'm just here shopping for a new avatar.

it's cool.

Last edited:

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
I have so much stuff in various stages of completion! *screams*

scmitchell

Registered
Reaction score
A completed novel on query (I'd really like to find an agent), my new self-pubed novella becomes available today (check it out - link below). Tomorrow I start final edits on the sequel.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
He was just here! Darn, missed him again. But the plan is afoot. The thief will be tracked down. If not here, then in the library, or maybe the kitchen or perhaps . . . <wanders off mumbling>

Heidi Belleau

mad black formal sunflower
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.HeidiBelleau.com
We just finished our free M/M short for the Goodreads M/M group's "Love is Always Write" event and are doing some final editing before the April 15th submission deadline.

And now we're back to working on the first draft of our Roman gladiator historical that was put on hiatus while we spent the last month editing editing editing our various upcoming releases...

I've never been SO EXCITED to get back to a story that was on hiatus writing! Feels fabulous to love a story and a character so much :D

celoise

Truss me I iz lawyor
Registered
Reaction score
Still waiting on response from Harlequin Nocturne re full sub. Revising a YA urban fantasy and getting it ready for the first round of queries. Dreading writing the query for it!

johnnysannie

Banned
Reaction score
Website
leeannsontheimermurphywriterauthor.blogspot.com
Waiting on edits....working on two WIP and trying to get my collection of short innterconnected stories (accepted after query) ready to send the publisher...guest blogs to write...blogs to update...and getting ready for an author fair on the 28th, a speaking gig with the regional RWA chapter the first Sat. in May.

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
I'm still working on several things.

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
Right now, working on some revisions for a Revise and Resubmit from my publisher. And working on a short (a short! Me!) to submit for an anthology. Finished a draft recently and it's now simmering on the beck burner awaiting its turn at the editing. And last week I completed some additional scenes I needed to write for a draft I wrote last year. That's now also done and simmering.

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Well, I'm trying to work on my short story for this anthology right now, and I'm not sure if I'm going to make it. :cry:

It seems a lot of stuff (school-related) has come up, and even though I do want to write, my priorities are with school. I'm still going to try to finish it though, but I don't think it will be that good. I have a lot of editing to do, and I even have to rewrite the beginning. My story looks like :rant:, and I just want to :flag:. But I'd feel bad if I did, especially given all of the help I was offered.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I talk to my agent tomorrow morning about an offer on the space opera romance. I'm trying to keep positive thoughts, because I really want this project to go to a good home. But I also don't want to set myself up for contract nastiness later - hence the agent involvement.

I'm distracting myself this week by plotting two sequels to the space opera romance. I've also got a massive 140K fantasy that I either need to split apart or prune so it can become agent-bait. And a short story I want to send out to a market I missed with a larger mms.

Fortunately, my day job lets me think in peace and quiet.

Last edited:

Swordfish

Registered
Reaction score
Just when I thought my story was finally ready, one of my readers pointed out that I was lacking in the scenery description department in several parts. He's right, and I know it will make the story much better and deeper, but agh, why couldn't I have gotten it right the first (or even second, third, fourth..) time?

Status
Not open for further replies.