I HATE MY NEIGHBORS

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here's the update you've been waiting for

My aunt was taking out the last bag of trash when the landscaper arrived. He sees the car at the end of the driveway and then my aunt.

Landscaper-"Are you going to move your car?"

My aunt-"When I get around to it and I'll be coming back."

Landscaper-"Your neighbor said you gave your permission for us to use your driveway."

My aunt-"She did not ask my permission."

Landscaper-"Oh." Calls neighbor "Your neighbor said you did not ask her permission to use her driveway and she hasn't given it to me so I can unload your rocks in front of your house."

I know what the neighbor said because when I spoke to the landscaper he relayed his phone call to her to me.

Neighbor-"Yes I did talk to her about it on Tuesday. Just put the rocks in front of the house."

I went out a little later. I know who the landscaper is and he is a good guy. He's actually worked for us in the past.

Me-"Sorry you were put in the middle of this, but she never asked us to use our driveway."

Landscaper-"It's okay, your neighbor said she spoke to your aunt on Tuesday and got her permission."

Me-"She didn't asked my aunt anything on Tuesday, but told her she had to be out of the driveway by 8 AM and wouldn't be able to use the driveway all day."

Landscaper-"Oh. Don't worry about it. I don't get in between neighbor disputes. If she didn't ask, she didn't ask."

And just in case your wondering, they are not the small white landscaping rocks. There is now a huge area of regular old ugly rocks on a chunk of the lawn next door. I should get a pic and post it for you guys.

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
:e2smack:

Wow. Just. Wow.

Good for you getting it taken care of! :Hug2:

Oh yes, we could marvel at photos...and photos of their car being towed away...! :D

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
i'll pee myself if i come back to hear that they tried to have you towed...

No but she did move her car down the street and when we drove by they were towing for street sweeping. Would I be bad if I said I had my fingers and toes crossed :D

Find a bullet, preferably from an AK-47. If the neighbors get leathery with you, toss the bullet to them and say, "Mess with my property again and the next one will be coming a hell of a lot faster."

or

"Mess with my property again and you better be able to run faster than 710 meters per second*"

*muzzle velocity of AK-47.
:roll:

I have neighbors that are generally very quiet, and when they do talk to me, they're quite polite. I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that about once every two weeks or so, I come out of the house on my way to the range with these strapped all over me:

Edit: Way too huge pics of an AR-15, a Browning High-power 9mm, a 7mm Scoped Rifle, a 308 Scoped Rifle.

But I don't think it has anything to do with it, personally. *shrugs*

regdog, you must buy us..ANOTHER SHRUBBERY!

:)

I can't thank you guys enough. I've been reading all your responses to my aunt and you've made an aggravating situation, funny. :Hug2:

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
It's cool that it was all resolved peacefully. But what lousy neighbours you have. Talk about arrogant!

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
That really sux, Heather. Hope it gets all straightened out in your favor, without bloodshed, of course. :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is what the whole thing was about. Now maybe it's me, being so close to the situation and being so utterly pissed about it but would anyone pay good money to have this on their lawn????

Picture002.jpg

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
excellent news that the landscaper knew you - at least he knows that it's not worth getting into an argument on who said what to whom and whatever.

still, keep holding your ground. I have no doubt that this is the start of a long war, but you won the first battle!

keep us updated on the neighbor's frantic screeching...

;)

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
This is what the whole thing was about. Now maybe it's me, being so close to the situation and being so utterly pissed about it but would anyone pay good money to have this on their lawn????
Great for kids passing by to have an impromptu target practice....

I've seen people do this, esp. the ones who live near the ocean. They get rid of it in a few years' time.

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
People who hate cutting the grass, I guess. I've had rocks for a yard too... in Arizona. Where there's a thorn on every single plant. I can't imagine replacing a good green lawn with it.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
excellent news that the landscaper knew you - at least he knows that it's not worth getting into an argument on who said what to whom and whatever.

still, keep holding your ground. I have no doubt that this is the start of a long war, but you won the first battle!

keep us updated on the neighbor's frantic screeching...

;)

She's been quiet so far, we'll see how long that lasts

Great for kids passing by to have an impromptu target practice....

I've seen people do this, esp. the ones who live near the ocean. They get rid of it in a few years' time.

That's exactly what we said when we found out about it.

People who hate cutting the grass, I guess. I've had rocks for a yard too... in Arizona. Where there's a thorn on every single plant. I can't imagine replacing a good green lawn with it.

I can see it in Arizona or if a person didn't want the hassle of a lawn but the rest of the yard is lawn, including the remaining 25 feet after the rock area.

And don't even get me going on her husband and the backyard lawn. He is obsessed with it. He waters it, mows it, fertilizes it, loves it, prays to it, bows to it, talks about it, talks to it.

Man I wish the lottery gods would smile on me so we could move

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Good on the landscaper. He had the right answer and attitude. Likely your neighbor has had a good comeuppance. Give your aunt a hug. She sounds like a dolly.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com

no. but oh how i hate mowing.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score

Picture002.jpg

Reminds me of the ugly rocks some put on graves...

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
oh.

em.

gee.

I can't believe the balls on this neighbor. I wish I had been there.

not to mention - the reason she didn't want him to use her own driveway? Have you seen what the trucks and the rocks and the scoopers do to the driveway and the area AROUND the rocks?! They are rocks, not marshmallows! They leave scrapes and divots and dents - it's a freaking mess!

Oh well. I'm sorry I didn't get to put in my 2 cents, but then again... I would have bust a brain noodle with pissedness. :)

Glad it worked out.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
not to mention when the weeds start to grow up through it. I have seen this landscaping before and it always ends up looking a mess, no matter how well done they think it is.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Latest Update

Neighbor called my aunt last night to "discuss" what happened. The "discussion" consisted of the neighbor yelling at my aunt and denying everything she had originally said to her. Needless to say, my aunt unloaded on her, then hung up.

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
Neighbor called my aunt last night to "discuss" what happened. The "discussion" consisted of the neighbor yelling at my aunt and denying everything she had originally said to her. Needless to say, my aunt unloaded on her, then hung up.

Great news! Let's hope the neighbour gets the message and shuts the hell up now.

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com

Give your aunt a big hug of support. I'm sure that hurt her to do, since she probably thought the neighbor was a nice person.

I'm not sure what had to be "denied" or "discussed" - it's your driveway, not the neighbor's, so you/your aunt were perfectly within your rights to say no.

Hold your ground!