The NFL 2012 Season

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
So who's everyone got today? Steelers play the Giants, the 6-2 defending champs. Looks like I'm gonna get it, 10 am our time. Really looking forward to it, a big test for the Steelers.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Me, I am hoping Cam Newton does not come out of his second year slump today against me Skins and RGIII. The problem is, with the Skins secondary, and poor pass rush, Cam may find some confidence and break out...

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
I think pass defense is Steelers' vulnerable spot too. I'm worried about Cruz and about Eli, who's having a pretty good year. Good luck Nick!

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, just realized that the Steelers/Giants game is the 1:30 game out here. Whew, for a minute there I thought I wasn't going to get it. Got the Skins and the Panthers, and the Broncos and the Bengals early. Gonna be a fun day, no matter what. Everyone enjoy their Sunday. Only halfway through the season, but come February we're gonna miss our football!

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Wait, the time changed overnight? I am so out of it sometimes, I amaze myself.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I'm really hoping the BBC don't make the same mistake they did last week and forget that BST finished and the game is on an hour later.

We missed the whole first quarter last week!

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
I swear, the Raven's defense is horrible in this game. They can't get to the quarterback and their corners can't cover. Hey, here's an idea, since the four man rush has yet to get you anywhere near the quarterback, either drop everyone or try rushing more people. But you don't keep doing the same thing over and over again, while expecting a different result.

Also, damn, the Bears are just destroying the Titans. 31 - 2 in the first half. That is just insane.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
The Browns lost that game more so than the Ravens won it, but a win is a win. Honestly, part of me wanted them to lose after the offense went into a funk after the first quarter, then maybe they'd be more willing to get rid of Cam, the offensive coordinator.

In more happy news, that game between the Dolphins and Colts was really good. Both rookie quarterbacks are playing well. Though with the Colts sitting at 5-3, I wouldn't be shocked to see them sneak into the playoffs. They're doing better than a lot of other AFC teams right now.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Big win for the Steelers. I was most concerned about our pass coverage, but damn if they're not coming along. My game ball goes to Isaac Redman, just back from an injury rushes for 147. We had three great returns too, two from Rainey who just fell to the ground after the second one that went for 68 yards. Don't know what happened to him, been waiting for this guy to do his stuff. Hope he's okay. Antonio Brown left with an injury, too. So Steelers are 5-3, out of the last seven games five are divisional. A couple of bad calls, I thought, starting with a pass interference call that was very ?able, a 48 yard penalty if I'm not mistaken. I wonder how the rest of you feel about these pass interference calls that can take a team all the way downfield. Phil Simms called the game, and he thinks the pros ought to penalize a max of 15 yds the way college football does.

That's 5 out of 8 games, not seven. Next week KC, then San Diego and Dallas in mid December.

Last edited:

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Well, today's game for the Skins was the low point of the season so far. Cam Newton did good, but he did not beat the Skins as much as our Defense let us down and the receivers who dropped passes.

What the hell was Shanny thinking, 4th and goal from the 2 yard line and have RGIII run the ball to the right. A blind man would have known that coming. If you are going to use RGIII running skills, you can't keep giving them the same things they have seen in films.

Damn I hope Atlanta beats the Cowgirls tonight...

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
... What the hell heck was Shanny thinking, 4th and goal from the 2 yard line and have RGIII run the ball to the right.

A blind man would have known seen that coming.

If you are going to use RGIII running skills, you can't keep giving them the same things they have seen in films...

*SIGH* :(

Last edited:

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
With the latest win, the Colts are six and three, and have the inside tract for the wild card spot. And, they still have both their games against the Texans coming up, meaning they do have a shot of winning the division. Also, the Texans have a chance to lose one Sunday against the Bears. That division, could come down to the final week.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I would like to ask a serious question. Do the Eagles offence not like Michael Vick? The amount of times he gets hit is ridiculous. And I'm starting to think it could be deliberate sometimes. They barely talk to him, they certainly don't seem happy and some of the blocking is criminal

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to ask a serious question. Do the Eagles offence not like Michael Vick? The amount of times he gets hit is ridiculous. And I'm starting to think it could be deliberate sometimes. They barely talk to him, they certainly don't seem happy and some of the blocking is criminal

I watched Inside the NFL last night. Ron Jaworski, an ex QB pointed out that Eagles have four new starting lineman. Phil Simms said that the Eagles have to start keeping one receiver in to block on pass plays. I remember some controversy regarding officials not calling roughing the passer on Vick as quickly as they do on other QB's. The suspicion seemed to be that Vick is so athletic, such a threat for the run that it was acceptable. Pretty sure Philadelphia plays Dallas this week. Meanwhile, your Bears are looking good!

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
As for Vick, hmmmm.... I don't know. Yes he is athletic but he won't stay that way for very long if he keeps getting hit like this.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
They look good! That defense is ferocious. Who do they have this week, do you know?

Yeah, Philly has a lot of problems. Let's see if they can beat the thoroughly troubled Cowboys.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
We've got the Houston Texans so this could be important. Specially if Detroit and Packers win.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
You're in a competitive division this year. Texans! Could be a tough game. Steelers have the Chiefs, but one thing about the Steelers is they play down or up, depending on the competition. So I don't take any game for granted.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Just saw that Bears/Texans is the Sunday night game. Early, I've got Giants/Bengals or Bucs/Chargers. Then Cowboys/Eagles. Steelers play Monday Night.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I actually be able to see the Bears for once! Well... record it anyway and watch it the next day. And it's for the second time. Some seasons I get to see them once only

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
You ever think of looking for a stream? I've done it a few times. The quality isn't always that good, and sometimes you lose it in the middle of the game and have to look for a new stream, etc. I've watched them in Spanish when I couldn't find a good quality English stream. Not that I speak Spanish.

It's getting chilly in LA. Good football weather.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I have thought about it but my puter is pretty old and probably wouldn't be able to cope. It collapses quite often just loading the NFL site so.....