Books about 4 African American female friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarhit

Writing a novel on my lunchbreaks
Registered
Reaction score
I have a nebulous idea for a story about a group of 4 female friends who befriend each other in their college and post college lives. As of right now, 3/4 are Southerners and the fourth is not (possibly Northeast).

They are essentially like a chocolate Ya Ya sisterhood so we see their lives before they were part of this unbreakable foursome and why their bond is so unbreakable. They are in their 50's today but most of the book takes place in the post-Civil Rights Act 60's through today.

I know there's Waiting to Exhale but is there anything else similar? 3 or more friends? I feel like a book like this must exist so I'm curious.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
There's one I was/am interested in (but never ordered) by E Lynn Harris called If This World Were Mine, but it has men and women who are the 4 friends. 2 of each :)

Then this one was recommended by a friend: Trouble Loves Company by Angie Daniels

And then there's one called Changing Faces by Kimberla Lawson Roby that gets good reviews.

Any others I could think of were more about some other main plot that also involved some friends, but the friendship wasn't really a big point of the story in itself, if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.