Best Comedy Agents and Publishers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey...I have a comedy based book almost ready to go. It's not a novel. It's more along the line of Letterman's Top Ten Lists or Sniglets...lol...for a blast from the past.

It's not story based. It's more comedic blurb based. Stand up oriented.

Do any of you know the best comedy publishers and agents who would accept unsolcited material or how I would go about finding them?

Thank you!

allz28

No Stranger To Rejection
Registered
Reaction score
Off the top of my head, Byrd Leavell comes to mind as a good agent. He represents Justin Halpern and Tucker Max.

plaidearthworm

Rock and Squiggle
Registered
Reaction score
Just saw this...hope you found an agent or publisher that's perfect for you. A few other agents I'd recommend trying are David Fugate, Dawn Frederick, Andrea Somberg and Sorche Fairbank.

henry_krinkle

Banned
Reaction score
I've been wondering this as well...

While agentquery is a good place to start, it really doesn't narrow things down much. Searching "Humor/Satire" reveals a list of 1000s. And most of them aren't really known for this type of client.

I think what me and the OP are looking for is a more precise list of agents that are actually known to represent clients who specialize in comedic novels or books. Byrd Leavell was a good suggestion. Any other, less high-profile agents out there known for their comedic clientèle?

marktesla

Registered
Reaction score
comedy agents

I'm in the same situation,looking for specific agents or agencies who work with parody, satirical subject matter. Does anyone have any other names?

Status
Not open for further replies.