Post your comedic ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EffinGoose

Registered
Reaction score
I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds as a newbie by starting this thread, but I thought it might be nice to create a place where people can bounce ideas for their comedic short stories or novels. Now some might say that I am simply creating this thread solely for the reason so I can get feedback on my ideas, and I am utterly indifferent to what other people think up.

To them I say..... uh...

ANYWAY-

The scene is a reality television competition in the vein of "big brother". You get a whole bunch of contestants vying for a two million dollar prize.

Here's the kicker; every one is gay except one person. If the gay people kick the straight guy out, they split the pot. If the straight guys is one of the last two contestants, he gets all the money.

Except that is a lie...

In reality, everyone participating is straight (the only gay fellow was kicked out when he expressed interest in hunting and said he worked in law enforcement) so everyone is trying as hard as they can to convince every other straight contestant that they are queer.

Pretty much it will be simply making fun of people's inborn prejudices and tendency to stereotype.

...So, that's the story I've made an outline for. What ideas and stories have all of you been tossing around?

Succumbus

Swift Thrills
Registered
Reaction score
I've had a similar idea...well, not really.

My idea is to create a skit where gay and closeted famous Hollywood showbiz types (Travolta, Franco, Seacrest, etc) are all in a secret cult that preys to a crucified gerbil that rests on an upside-down cross. The cult is based in an abandoned San Francisco church somewhere.

Every time these celebrites meet they sing chipmunk songs together, talk about the possibility of a super-velvet fabric being invented.

They also all must bring one gay guy with them to prove to each other who is the biggest homosexual...they of course have sex with the guy they bring...and they pride themselves on their homosexuality to each other by bringing the most special, unique type of gay guy they can find.

Franco brings a Twink.
Seacrest brings an African in full tribal paint and gear and with a chicken bone through his nose.
Travolta brings an old homeless bum with a beer bottle in hand and stains all over his old tatty jacket.

Then they all make love by the fireplace.

Here's the song:
"Making love by the fireplace,
I'm in love with every race
Mexican, Russian, Japanese
even guys from the Anatolese"

And here's the thing.. after 8 years of writing screenplays I'm dead serious about making this skit...one day.

Well anyways...I like your idea...but I'd rather see the guys stuck in the house made to do gay stuff like kissing each other for prizes.

They gay thing will get boring after a while..conceptually...I wanna see people whore themselves out for money. I wanna see how far people are willing to go for money. I wanna see the reactions of the family and friends of the guys inside.

Y'know what I think would be funny... just getting a guy to make his parents think he is gay and having an actor play his partner...then throwing a crash wedding as soon as the gay partner is introduced to the family...give 'em two weeks until the wedding to flip out.

SampleGuy

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I've had a similar idea...well, not really.

My idea is to create a skit where gay and closeted famous Hollywood showbiz types (Travolta, Franco, Seacrest, etc) are all in a secret cult that preys to a crucified gerbil that rests on an upside-down cross. The cult is based in an abandoned San Francisco church somewhere.

Every time these celebrites meet they sing chipmunk songs together, talk about the possibility of a super-velvet fabric being invented.

They also all must bring one gay guy with them to prove to each other who is the biggest homosexual...they of course have sex with the guy they bring...and they pride themselves on their homosexuality to each other by bringing the most special, unique type of gay guy they can find.

Franco brings a Twink.
Seacrest brings an African in full tribal paint and gear and with a chicken bone through his nose.
Travolta brings an old homeless bum with a beer bottle in hand and stains all over his old tatty jacket.

Then they all make love by the fireplace.

Here's the song:
"Making love by the fireplace,
I'm in love with every race
Mexican, Russian, Japanese
even guys from the Anatolese"

And here's the thing.. after 8 years of writing screenplays I'm dead serious about making this skit...one day.

Well anyways...I like your idea...but I'd rather see the guys stuck in the house made to do gay stuff like kissing each other for prizes.

They gay thing will get boring after a while..conceptually...I wanna see people whore themselves out for money. I wanna see how far people are willing to go for money. I wanna see the reactions of the family and friends of the guys inside.

Y'know what I think would be funny... just getting a guy to make his parents think he is gay and having an actor play his partner...then throwing a crash wedding as soon as the gay partner is introduced to the family...give 'em two weeks until the wedding to flip out.

That's already been done in the movie 'I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry.'

Succumbus

Swift Thrills
Registered
Reaction score
Perhaps it is, but he means about a Reality TV Show.

The concept is still fresh enough to be used on a reality show.

Status
Not open for further replies.