What blogging platform do you prefer?

Southpaw

The squirrel apocalypse is coming!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am on wordpress, but my big complaint is not having a twitter widget. Unless I am woefully inadequate at it.

Is there a way to stick a twitter widget on your blog.

There are tons of plugins but the best way is to get the widget directly from Twitter. Home > settings > widgets

rikg73

Registered
Reaction score
I've tried both also. I preferred wordpress as I found the dashboard easier to use (am currently switching to a wordpress.org site, though!).

Eddyz Aquila

Noob Writers United
Registered
Reaction score
WordPress, hands down. It's easy to use, easy to modify as well if you know a bit of code and the interface (both Dashboard and standard theme) are streamlined so you only have to focus on your blogging.

WP gets my vote :)

morrighan

Always writing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lizmadridauthor.com
I am on wordpress, but my big complaint is not having a twitter widget. Unless I am woefully inadequate at it.

Is there a way to stick a twitter widget on your blog.

First go to Twitter and create a widget (Twitter > Settings > Widgets > Add New) so you can get a Twitter ID.

From there, you have the choice of featuring the Timeline, Favorites, List, Search, Collection. I usually use the Timeline one and then fine tune the way I want the widget to show (width, exclude replies, etc) and then create it. Find the TWITTER ID and copy that one.

On Wordpress, click on Widgets, and choose Twitter Timeline. Fill in some of the options (width, number of tweets to show) and then paste the TWITTER ID.

That should do it. Hope that helps!

rumbaugh

Registered
Reaction score
As far as I know, blogger would be better for SEO in the long run; but wordpress has more features; it comes with millions of free themes and plugins.

Moldy

Registered
Reaction score
As of today (August 12th) I'm starting to loose interest in Wordpress. Simply because, there is no longer an automatic word counter.

If you switch your mode from New to Classic in your "Add New Post" page you'll get your word counter back. If you look on the right toolbar below the "Advanced settings" settings box you should see a notif saying "You're using the new editor. switch to classic mode." With the linked option.