Reaction score
I can't write until it goes away...

I was hoping to hit 20K by Sunday...

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
Morning!

I have to leave for school and 5 minutes and I still have to decide what to wear. Gaaaaaah, I need more clothes.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I am currently playing Tetris on FB. Cause I'm cool like that.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I just... can't.

Except for my period. Then I channel all my mood swings into my characters.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Don't let anything get in the way of your writing. Even if it's harder, do it. That's the thing: you either want to write or you don't.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Girls school with man's name... THE MIND BOGGLES.

Yeah its really really weird. But the woman that founded the school which was the first all girls catholic highschool in the country, wanted it named after her brother who had passed away. So its John W. Hallahan. Interesting factoid, (because i used to have to give tours to incoming 8th graders) is that nobody knows what the W. stands for.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Don't let anything get in the way of your writing. Even if it's harder, do it. That's the thing: you either want to write or you don't.

I'll see if I can write a bit tonight. Probably not hour long sessions, sadly, but... we shall see.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Everyone is allowed to take breaks for when they are sick. Just like people take off from school or work, its no different from taking off a day from writing because your sick.

I get pretty bad headaches and i dont write till they go away, because pushing out words just to get to a quota when your not feeling well usually doesnt help the writing.

Although when i'm really sick, i just lay in bed and write. Its one of those things i do because i'm not going to do schoolwork when i'm sick so its like a good make up time for writing!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
GRRRR. I love my writing class but i have an assignment due tomorrow and i'm not sure if i did it right.

The assignment was to write a page of dialouge, where you discribe exactly what the people talking look like... but from what i can tell it can only be from the dialouge... so i wrote something the other day (I cheated on TAJ and started CWII...) and i think it fits... but i guess character thoughts dont count then right?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
damn.. so i'm going to have to delete all that.

So question then. My characters are twin boy and girl. if Rose is POV and she were to verbally make fun of her brother for how he looked and dressed (they are rather big opposites) then would the reader still get the sense that she had the same hair & eye color? What do you guys think?

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Well, that depends. If writing is your job, take time off. If writing is your passion...

I'm not saying she can't take a break, but I'm saying if she really wants to reach 20k she will write.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I will. But not tonight.

ETA: Stratch that. I may write, but at the moment it's looking unlikely.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
The assignment was to write a page of dialouge, where you discribe exactly what the people talking look like... but from what i can tell it can only be from the dialouge... so i wrote something the other day (I cheated on TAJ and started CWII...) and i think it fits... but i guess character thoughts dont count then right?

What a bizarre assignment. I can't think of a way to do this that wouldn't sound awkward. "Have I mentioned I'm blond today?" "Your grey sweater really brings out the blue in your eyes!" :rolleyes:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
if something is your passion you will end up doing it like the post office delivers mail.

Didn't read you wanted to get to 20K though, if that's the case write!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
What a bizarre assignment. I can't think of a way to do this that wouldn't sound awkward. "Have I mentioned I'm blond today?" "Your grey sweater really brings out the blue in your eyes!" :rolleyes:

Yeah i know! Well i put a funny twist to it but pretty much yeah that's how it goes. So i feel like i must be misunderstanding the assignment because that is just so... horribly odd and awkward!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone want to read the dialouge and tell me if it sounds ok... I'm trying to go for least awkward as possible.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I would, Ally, but I have this assignment I have to finish today that's causing me a legit mental breakdown.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
sorry Tally! What's the assignment? maybe i can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.