Do I nudge, or do I forget it?

The_Ink_Goddess

we're gonna make it out of the fire
Registered
Reaction score
Hey everybody!

So you may all remember my potential R+R from an agent who wanted to "discuss revisions." She e-mailed me when I was on vacation, told me to get back to her when I was, well, back, and we'd arrange a telephone call. I e-mailed her to let her know that I was back two months ago, and since haven't heard a single thing. She's a great agent and has amazing buzz.

I completely understand that publishing is chaotic, and prone to going dead over summer, and also that I'm at the very lowest of the agents' priorities as an unsigned author, but, I was just wondering, should I nudge? Leave it go the full 3 months? Forget it altogether?

I'd already nudged on my query (after six months) to get this result, so I don't want to be the Annoying E-Mail Girl, but - and this isn't the agent's problem at all - I'm going back to my chaotic university in late September, so I would've liked to get a jump on any revisions she may want. But, hey, I guess it's just one of those publishing things.

thisprovinciallife

hi! i'm reese.
Registered
Reaction score
She clearly wants to talk to you! On the phone, even! I think that's enough interest expressed from her end to warrant a nudge from you. Two months is definitely sufficient time - I wouldn't worry about coming across as annoying. I'm sure you're right that it's been a busy summer and your email may have gotten lost somewhere - I would give it a nudge! Good luck!

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
I would nudge. Perhaps point out that your time is going to be more limited and you want to be certain you can give revisions the attention they deserve. You can suggest days/times that you typically have available now.

And good luck! :)

JanetReid

Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Nudge. You'd be surprised how long it can take some of us to get our To Do list looking more like DoneDid.

Becca C.

Registered
Reaction score
Nudge nudge nudge! Yeah, just let her know that your time will be more limited in the near future, and maybe give a couple days in the next couple weeks you could be available to talk. She wouldn't have mentioned it if she didn't want to talk to you!

Good luck! :D