Last Game you have played...

LosScandalous

Registered
Reaction score
I'm playing Wolf Among Us and Dark Souls right now; Both are pretty rad.

I want to get back into JRPGs after taking a long hiatus. I'm picking up the Final Final Type-0 remaster on Xbox next week. Any other recommendations for recent JRPGs?

J.W. Alden

The King Who Bore the Sword
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Now I'm playing Chrono Cross. The one thing I understand about the battle system at this point is that I don't understand anything about the battle system at this point. But so far? It's been worth it just for the remixes of "Lucca's Theme" as victory music...and Poshul. =^_^=

Ah, my 15th birthday present. I should really replay that game at some point, considering I've played Chrono Trigger about 10 times and Cross only the once.

I'm currently gearing up for Dragon Age: Inquisition (finally). I spent the last couple months replaying the first two. Now I'm playing The Last Court and enjoying it, but the free-to-wait model drives me nuts so I might not finish it.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I've been on an RPG kick. Splitting my time between Planescape: Torment, Skyrim with a metric fuckton of mods, and Darklands.

I've tried to be evil in PS:T ten times. I get, at most, five, six hours into the game before my guilt forces me to restart the game and not be evil.

KidCassandra

learning how to BIC
Registered
Reaction score
Haven't been able to convince myself to replay Dragon Age: Inquisition yet, so I picked up the app version of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic instead. I am the most inept Jedi to have ever existed.

I also recently got Borderlands 2, having never played any of those games before, just because I wanted something I could play split-screen co-op with my brother. I am also probably the most inept Vault Hunter to have ever existed. WHY did I not pick the assassin guy?

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
So, Minecraft. I crashed in the town castle before fighting the Ender Dragon because it was closer to the End Portal, so I respawned in the castle after defeating it.

I trudged back to my house to find an Enderman had spawned inside. I don't know how he got in there, since the place is lit up like a Christmas tree (I double-checked and didn't find any shadowy corners), but since he's not hostile and there's nothing he can mess up, I just built him a bed, piled some dirt for him to carry and stack around, and changed the sign in front of my house from "Steve?'s House" to "Steve? & Sid's House" (his name is totally Sid). New roommate, woo.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
*Finally* finished Dawn of War II (the first game, anyway) just a few minutes ago.

I feel like I cheated a bit, because the last mission was available to play even with 8 or so optional missions still unfinished, and I jumped straight to the end. But I'd been playing it for too long, so I was getting a bit sick of it. Just wanted to see how it ended...

However, after the final cut scene and credits, I noticed that I seem to be able to go back into the campaign pre-finishing that last mission. Like, I've got 2 campaigns listed now - one says "Completed", the other doesn't. So I might go back and play those optional missions at some point, if I feel like it.

But yay! First game I've finished in YEARS.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Just played the first 3 levels of StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty. Because I couldn't be bothered turning on the laptop just to try to copy over some saved games, where I was up to about level 10 or so already.

I must say - playing on the new desktop is much more pleasurable!

Also, I'm considering buying Heroes of Might and Magic VI Complete Edition. I played HoMaM 2, 3 and 4 years ago, and quite enjoyed them. 2 I could never finish, 3 was super awesome and I beat it twice, and 4 kept crashing on my ancient PC. I never played 1, missed 5 (which is now pretty old, really), so I'm thinking of playing 6, which was released in 2011. Of course, there's word of them making #7 this year... Not sure when that release date will be.

Anyone played #6? Is it any good?

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
All the Might and Magics have kind of blurred together in my head, and I've only played bits of most of them, sorry.

I didn't finish Avernum (which is what I was playing), but I wanted to play something that'll actually flex my new computer's pretty muscles, so I've started Tomb Raider (the 2013). I'm late to the party, but it means I know what I'm getting into. Though I'd heard so much about the darkness and gory deaths that I crept through the tutorial level expecting to die horribly every two seconds.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Eh, that's alright. I checked out a Let's Play on YouTube for HoMaM 6, and it seems to be similar enough to #3 that I think I'd enjoy playing it. :) Hopefully it's got a good storyline, too.

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
All the Might and Magics have kind of blurred together in my head, and I've only played bits of most of them, sorry.

I didn't finish Avernum (which is what I was playing), but I wanted to play something that'll actually flex my new computer's pretty muscles, so I've started Tomb Raider (the 2013). I'm late to the party, but it means I know what I'm getting into. Though I'd heard so much about the darkness and gory deaths that I crept through the tutorial level expecting to die horribly every two seconds.

I was late to TR 2013, too, but I did end up thinking it was a very polished and very fun game. Big world, lots of sidequests, cool level and bonus system, and at least for me, replay value. I've got definite nits to pick with the plot,* but nothing bugged me so much I wanted to stop playing over it.

*Okay, I'll spill. TR manages to hit my number-one storytelling pet peeve very near right off the bat. If you've seen me complaining about this in other stories in the YA and general sections, you probably know what I'm going to say (minor early spoiler): Lara Croft faints through a vital plot point just to hide information from the player. She isn't tired, injured, or ill when it happens. As far as I can tell, the villain did not drug or hex her. She collapses out of the blue so you don't hear another character say something you're not "supposed" to know yet. What really burns? You've probably already figured it out anyway at this point. That annoyed me enough in Twilight, and it was in character for Bella. ETA: Although I want to stress I did not think TR's story was bad overall. That part just didn't work for me specifically.

Yesterday, Sid rearranged my flowers. I guess he thought I'd planted them in too orderly a manner.

Last edited:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
So... I've played 6 levels of StarCraft 2 in 2 days. This is odd for me, as I usually don't game very much. I guess finishing Dawn of War 2 gave me my second wind?

Anyway, I know what the next 4 levels will bring, as I played the first 10 on my laptop. But I'm enjoying replaying them, as there are always side-quests to do that I mostly missed on the first play through.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
So... I bought Heroes of Might and Magic VI Complete Edition (for $20, which I thought was quite nice). The box says 140 hours of gameplay, which just makes my mind boggle. I just played the first intro level, and even that took an hour and a half! Yikes!

I'd forgotten quite how long the levels take on this series.

ETA: Forgot to say - yep, it's a bit different to HoMaM 3, which is the one I finished a few times, but it's similar enough that I'm happy with the purchase. It'll take a long time before I get proficient at it, but yeah. It seems like a good purchase.

Last edited:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I no longer have a copy of #3. *sigh*

And y'know, I've never really been much of a multiplayer gamer. Apart from StarCraft (the original) - I was all over battle.net back in the day.

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
I played Fifa 15 and was completely humiliated by my son. It was worse than my Madden destruction.

I like WOW type games. These sports games are not for me, lol.

Any recommendations that y'all really enjoy?

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Just got totally owned at Heroes VI... I think I'm going to have to re-start that level on Easy. For one thing, I took too long to figure out where I was supposed to be going, so I missed out on some early expansion. For another, I'm still learning the new system, and it turns out I could've been resurrecting some of my units all this time! And finally, it is just *not fair* that the enemy gets better units than me! *pouts*

Still, it's a fun game.

ETA: Argh! I've been encountering a glitch, which Ubisoft seems to think they can't fix. One where the screen goes black (despite the music still going) when I enter a battle. I encountered this a couple of times in the tutorial missions, but reloading fixed it. However, I just had it happen like 4 times in a row (after reloading) when playing that mission on Easy. *sigh* Damn glitches. *tries in vain to find a solution*

Last edited:

zerosystem

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Almost done with Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix. Fighting Organization XIII in the Cavern of Remembrance is insane.