The Walking Dead - AMC

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Someone asked why Carl didn't protest about not being able to go to the meeting--

My feeling was, since everyone else was going, he had to stay put and take care of Judith. Who else would watch her? If he had no baby sister, and Rick said he couldn't go to the meeting, THEN he would have protested.

MRevelle83

Complication
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rpgmmag.com
How in the world did Gabriel manage to use a noose to pull the head off of one walker, smash the heads of 2 more walkers, and roll around on the ground crying without his glowing white shirt getting dirty???

He washed it in crocodile tears and blessed clorox.

The clorox was from the trunk of the clean, washed, brand new car the group were driving in the previous seasons. He heard about it from the guy who still mows the lawns.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Can you also imagine the conversation Jessie will have with her kids?

You know that nice man that beat up your dad? Well, he's your new daddy. Cause he killed your old daddy. But it's okay this time, he had permission from Deanna. Cause Dad done sliced up her hubby. BTW, don't go trick or treating at her house anytime soon.

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Some unanswered ?'s I have.

What was Nicholas doing going over the wall? It's not like he couldn't just leave. What was he doing?

How did Glen manage to survive those walkers?

Why did Glen spare him?

If Deanna believes Glen that Nicholas did what he did, is she going to banish him? Or even call out, "Hey Rick, you still got that gun?" After all, he left Aiden to die and tried to kill Glen to cover it up.

Is Father Gabriel gonna confess to Deanna?

Are there really only 2 Wolves?

What the wolves did was pretty cool in terms of the music and lights. Why don't the survivors do something like this? Have an area set up with lights and sound they can set off incase a big heard comes?

BarbaraSheridan

*insert catchy phrase here*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbarasheridan.com
Carl probably asked that Enid girl to come and "help him babysit". He and the baby were nowhere to be found when Michonne came in. ;)

The Gabriel white shirt thing is very weird.

I can see Glen not killing that slimy Nicholas. He clearly wanted to, but knew he couldn't live with himself because it would be for revenge not self defense or defending one of the "family".

I have a feeling those two Wolves were only two parts of a bigger group.

Does anyone wonder if part of the reason Michonne put her sword back on was because if she's kept it with her Pete couldn't have stolen it and killed Deanna's husband?

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Carl probably asked that Enid girl to come and "help him babysit". He and the baby were nowhere to be found when Michonne came in. ;)

The Gabriel white shirt thing is very weird.

I have a feeling those two Wolves were only two parts of a bigger group.

Does anyone wonder if part of the reason Michonne

I think it was supposed to be symbolism of some sort, but it kinda fell flat.

And with Michonne, that was part of it. The other part was her realizing that even though she's not out there, it's still dangerous in here.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
Overall, pretty satisfying. Great to see so much of Morgan, who's more impressive than ever.

I respect Morgan's newfound reverence for life, but -- he should've killed those two sociopaths. If he had, that poor guy in the red poncho might still be alive. (Those were the same two "Wolf" dirtbags at the end, right?)

When Pete inadvertently (but thoroughly) cut Reg's throat with the katana, I had the momentary thought: "They'd better get that doctor -- oh! Oh, gee."

I'm going to have to watch the ending again; I honestly wasn't sure whether Rick was putting a bullet in Reg's head (to keep him from rising) or executing Pete right there on the nice patio.

Kakko

Registered
Reaction score
Can you also imagine the conversation Jessie will have with her kids?

You know that nice man that beat up your dad? Well, he's your new daddy. Cause he killed your old daddy. But it's okay this time, he had permission from Deanna. Cause Dad done sliced up her hubby. BTW, don't go trick or treating at her house anytime soon.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

let's hope she doesn't end up like Laurie.

Thewitt

Registered
Reaction score
So are the Wolves going to fill those trailers and then crash them through the walls of Alexandria, flooding the town with Walkers to get back at Dianna for being exiled?

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
So are the Wolves going to fill those trailers and then crash them through the walls of Alexandria, flooding the town with Walkers to get back at Dianna for being exiled?
I'm not sure they're connected with the people who were exiled. Though I guess that's one of the things we'll have to wait 'til next Fall to find out, dern it.

I'm also unclear about what Nicholas was up to; why'd he sneak out (over the easily-scalable wall). Did Deanna tell him to stay put until further notice? And what was he hoping to do? He wasn't following Glenn -- it was Glenn who followed him. Maybe Nicholas wanted to prove to himself he could survive outside.

Glenn's a great character. A naturally nice guy, maybe too nice; but experience shows he's not going down easy, and he's hardened up without losing his humanity.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Me, too (or is it three?). He was spying on Glen when Maggie strolled up and I was biting my fingernails thinking "don't say anything, Glen. Don't say anything. Glen..." about Rick's declaration. But still, I don't see how Nicholas spying and presuming Glen would necessarily follow him out are connected ideas.

Just one of a number of loosey goosey bits (the aforementioned pristine white shirt and Daryl and Aaron being so unutterably stupid about those trailers prime among them), but the episode careened along so fast I didn't have much time to object.

My hubs came back to the show this season and he was devastated it ended like that. He was watching the end credits and they were talking about another show with 2 more episodes until it's finale and he was yelling "There are two more episodes!"

"No hon, that's another show..." *sigh*

When does GoT start?

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My daughter thought that He left to lure Glen out, but I don't think that makes too much sense.

That's what I assumed he was doing, too. He wanted Glen to follow him and then when he was out there alone he planned to shoot and kill him.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Glenn, not Glen. Actually, Glenn Rhee, although nobody but Rick ever uses a last name on the show. (Considering how few people there are, they'd hardly have to.)

Did anyone see the little teaser promo for the related series Fear the Walking Dead? Set in Los Angeles, at the beginning of the walking-dead-people problem. I don't know if it's to be a miniseries or regular series. It'd be great, actually, to see several little miniseries, set in the same universe, showing events in different parts of the world, together giving a fuller picture.

(There were also promos for a couple of new shows on FX, which seems a little odd to be seeing on AMC.)

Last edited:

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Glenn's a great character. A naturally nice guy, maybe too nice...

I'm going to have to dissent just a shade on this. Glenn is at quick turns a self-righteous dick. His pious squeamishness at Lori's consideration of a chemical abortion while riding the first wave of the zombie apocalypse was a bit drippy. And I cramped an eye-roll muscle at how much more Glenn suffered from Maggie's sexual assault than Maggie did.

Blech. Glenn is an overripe peach.

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
As for the possibility of Reg turning, do we know for sure if the people of Alexandria are aware that everyone will turn when they die? I don't think they've mentioned it at all, or referenced any sort of procedure they have for dealing with bodies, but I can't imagine that in 2 years in there no one has died within the walls, from an accident or an illness or anything.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
He turned hard to his left and executed Pete... Reg would have to be next though...

I just read a quick recap, and it was definitely Pete. Morgan seemed very disappointed to see Rick execute Pete. I watched Talking Dead, and a viewer asked why Morgan honked the horn in that car where he threw the two Wolves. Morgan (sorry, don't know his real name and don't feel like looking it up) answered that it wasn't as I had hoped - to lure the Walkers toward the jerks. He was doing it to make sure the asshats were SAFE from the Walkers before he left them there. So yeah...he didn't like to walk in and see Rick for the first time in years as he's executing a man.

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Glenn, not Glen. Actually, Glenn Rhee, although nobody but Rick ever uses a last name on the show. (Considering how few people there are, they'd hardly have to.)

Did anyone see the little teaser promo for the related series Fear the Walking Dead? Set in Los Angeles, at the beginning of the walking-dead-people problem. I don't know if it's to be a miniseries or regular series. It'd be great, actually, to see several little miniseries, set in the same universe, showing events in different parts of the world, together giving a fuller picture.

(There were also promos for a couple of new shows on FX, which seems a little odd to be seeing on AMC.)

I saw it. It's a new series. They have already announced that it'll be back in 2016.

It'll be interesting to see how it started. TWD used the whole Rick in a coma to avoid having to deal with that.

I just read a quick recap, and it was definitely Pete. Morgan seemed very disappointed to see Rick execute Pete. I watched Talking Dead, and a viewer asked why Morgan honked the horn in that car where he threw the two Wolves. Morgan (sorry, don't know his real name and don't feel like looking it up) answered that it wasn't as I had hoped - to lure the Walkers toward the jerks. He was doing it to make sure the asshats were SAFE from the Walkers before he left them there. So yeah...he didn't like to walk in and see Rick for the first time in years as he's executing a man.
Morgan's gone to his happy place. He seemed amused by Bill and Ted trying to kill him. He's got to understand that there are a lot of bad people out there. I mean, they told him that they kill people. So he knew that by saving them, he was condemning someone else to death.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Glenn, not Glen. Actually, Glenn Rhee, although nobody but Rick ever uses a last name on the show.

Geez, it's just a matter of an "n". I've seen people spell Lori's name two different ways here--Lori and Laurie, and yeah, it's supposed to be Lori if you check the web site, but who cares?

Last edited:

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
My daughter thought that He left to lure Glen out, but I don't think that makes too much sense.

I think this is exactly the case. He was watching Glenn, saw maggie join him and when she left, I got the impression he purposely timed his climb up the wall to lure Glenn (knowing how vigilant Glenn is and that he doesn't trust him) to go after him so he could kill him. Glenn is the only one who knows the truth about what really happened at that warehouse and what a douche he is for running off and causing the deaths of two people.

I thought this finale was AMAZING. I enjoyed every minute of it. Like a PP said, there were several times I threw my hand over my mouth and gasped! So. Freaking. Good. The middle of the season was a bit saggy for me, so these last couple of episodes have done a great job of reeling me back in to all the excitement that is WD.

ETA: And for the record, I'm team Glenn (God that sounds so immature--whatevs!). I LOVE Glenn's character and how he has developed over the seasons. Is he perfect? God no. None of these characters are which is why this show works. The characters (IMO) represent a true reflection of how a bunch of random people, if put in this situation may react/behave. I forgive him for his imperfections and can appreciate what he offers the team even if I don't always agree with all of his ideologies/beliefs/actions.

Last edited: