• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Full Circle Literary Agency

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck Krista! I, too, am intrigued - Historical science fiction? Is that like steampunk? Ooh, I'm hooked already.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck Krista! I, too, am intrigued - Historical science fiction? Is that like steampunk? Ooh, I'm hooked already.

Thanks, Sheila! And yeah, the genre's kind of hard to nail down. Technically, I suppose it would qualify as steampunk in that steampunk involves taking futuristic technology and placing it in a historical time period, but calling it steampunk would conjure up the wrong images.

Basically, I researched the race to discover the chemical structure of DNA back in the early fifties and asked myself, "What if some less-than-scrupulous scientist skipped over the boring stuff and just tried to regenerate/clone something? And what if that something turned out to be a Japanese soldier?" So the story follows one family's attempt to overcome their prejudice and hate and make a place for this Japanese man in their lives.

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Got a response from Taylor M today on my full. Very nice letter with lots of feedback, which was so helpful. She loved my concept, but did not feel it was ready yet. She said she'd love to look at it again if I spend some time workshopping and revising. This is my second R&R for this novel, and I have another full still out. I feel like I'm getting close, just a little more work, and maybe it will be there. Hopefully.

Good luck to all who query her, she seems great to work with - quick responding, insightful feedback, and very nice.

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
I queried Stephanie Von Borstel on 10/21 and got a partial request on 12/1. I just got a rejection, but it was from Sara Sciuto. She was incredibly complimentary, said she absolutely loved the writing and the voice, and would love to see a revision or future projects. But her problem was with a plot element I feel firm on, so moving on. But she was very nice, and I may query her with the next project.

Anna L.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annafrost.ca
Sara requested the partial from a blog event I participated in.

Partial sent: March 2
Full request received: March 8

Fingers crossed that she likes the rest...

Aubie

Live and let live
Registered
Reaction score
I e-queried Taylor Martindale with 10 pages 2/24, and got a full request today. She said she really enjoyed the pages and would love to read more.

She's one of my top three agents. I'm beyond excited!

Good luck to everyone else waiting on queries or subs :)

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
That's great news, Aubie! Fingers crossed for you. I just resubmitted to Taylor, and am pretty excited, too.

Now we wait . . .

LMT

Registered
Reaction score
EQ - 2/29 - Sara Sciuto
Full Request 3/31. Full sent 4/1.

MG Fantasy

*fingers crossed*

Anna L.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annafrost.ca
For my full sent March 8, Sara sent a R&R request on April 15.

It's going to be tough (she wants me to remove and replace about 40% of the story) but I have to try it.

LMT

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the R&R, Anna L. Good Luck with your revisions.

Mustafa

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone query Ms. Dominguez lately? I did almost a month ago and no reply. Also, do you guys know if this is a 'reject from one is a reject from all' type agency? I got the impression there is an east and west coast division, but maybe that's not the case.

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
For my full sent March 8, Sara sent a R&R request on April 15.

It's going to be tough (she wants me to remove and replace about 40% of the story) but I have to try it.

Good luck, Anna!

Kandybar

Pondering Octopus Husbandry
Registered
Reaction score
Website
landsquidattack.wordpress.com
Anyone know what we're counting as ten pages? Single-spaced, double-spaced? I don't want my query to get thrown out because I sent too much (or not enough).

Mustafa

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
I sent double spaced and rounded to the end of the chapter. I think I ended up sending 12 pages. I haven't heard anything though. Perhaps I sent too much.

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
Queried Taylor today. Wondering if she can get over the fact that my characters name is Taylor!:)

She seems like a great agent!

Anyone heard from her lately? Her timing seems pretty sporadic. Wondering what to expect.

LMT

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recent response times for requested material from Sara Sciuto?

Anna L.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annafrost.ca
Update: Sara ended up passing on my R&R but she said she'd like to see my next project. On the bright side the other agents who were sitting on the full almost all wanted to see the new version.

Kmarshall

Registered
Reaction score
Sara's had my partial since early July. Was wondering if anyone knew how long she takes with partials.

tyrell

Registered
Reaction score
I second this question. She's only had mine since last week...but I'm still curious.

tyrell

Registered
Reaction score
Just saw this from Sara:

I do my best to respond to requested materials within two months. However, sometimes I do fall behind. If it’s been more than two months, authors should feel free to check in with me via email and I’m happy to provide an update.

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
Just saw this from Sara:

I do my best to respond to requested materials within two months. However, sometimes I do fall behind. If it’s been more than two months, authors should feel free to check in with me via email and I’m happy to provide an update.

My timeline (hope it helps)!

July 26, 2011: Submitted Query/Partial
August 3, 2011: Sara requested full
August 3, 2011: Submitted full
August 10, 2011: Sara rejected MS but explained her reasoning, and was willing to accept R&R
October 4, 2011: R&R submitted
January 28, 2012 : Nudged
January 31, 2012: Sara replied to say she was behind on her reading
October 22, 2012: Nudged again but have pretty much given up hope on this one! :e2writer:

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
For those waiting on a response from Sara: don't give up!

She replied to my nudge and said my MS slipped through the cracks but promised to get to it as soon as possible. :)