Just started reading erotica! What do you guys recommend?

that_pasi_guy

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

I have just started getting in reading erotica and man, it is amazing stuff. I was introduced to it by a lady friend (surprising, as she seemed so innocent). Now, I find that this guilty pleasure is turning into a hobby! I understand there are certain fetishes that people have in the erotica genre and I will share what tickles my fancy!

Anyways, I wanted to keep this short and sweet by sharing with you guys what I have begun reading...so here goes!

I really like the corporate type love affair mixed in with BDSM, and "The Boss - Abigail Barnette" seems popular on Amazon.

The Seduction- This seems really popular from the reviews and I just couldn't resist. I am half way, but it really satisfies me!

Lastly, I am a sucker for rich people fetishes. Anyway if yours is too, you may enjoy this silly but sexy read - The Curvy Vet and the Billionaire Cowboy.

Thanks for letting me share! Please share what you guys are reading right now!

Happy reading.

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score
I'm too busy writing to read much right now. There are lots of great erotica and erotic romance authors right here on AW, though. Take a look at some of the user signatures and avatars and you might find some great reads.

And welcome to AW!

CaPooF

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, that_pasi_guy, welcome! I've been enjoying Sylvia Day and Celia Tan lately. You can always find tons of recommendations on Goodreads - just do a Google search for "best erotica goodreads" and you're sure to get links to a bunch of lists. :)

DiloKeith

Doesn't scare easily
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dilokeith.wordpress.com
As CaPooF said, Goodreads is a useful source. I'd find people who gave your favorite books high ratings and see what else they read. They often have tags for the sub-genres.

Rechan

Registered
Reaction score
I say if you're looking for good authors to follow in a new genre, pick up anthologies. Read them and look up the authors of the stories you like the most.

Things like "The Best Erotica of year xxxx' would be a good palce to start, as well as Mammoth Book of Erotica". I'm sure there's anthologies that specialize in the billionaire thing or in BDSM (The Mammoth book of Erotica and Domination for instance).

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

I have just started getting in reading erotica and man, it is amazing stuff. I was introduced to it by a lady friend (surprising, as she seemed so innocent). Now, I find that this guilty pleasure is turning into a hobby! I understand there are certain fetishes that people have in the erotica genre and I will share what tickles my fancy!

Anyways, I wanted to keep this short and sweet by sharing with you guys what I have begun reading...so here goes!

I really like the corporate type love affair mixed in with BDSM, and "The Boss - Abigail Barnette" seems popular on Amazon.

The Seduction- This seems really popular from the reviews and I just couldn't resist. I am half way, but it really satisfies me!

Lastly, I am a sucker for rich people fetishes. Anyway if yours is too, you may enjoy this silly but sexy read - The Curvy Vet and the Billionaire Cowboy.

Thanks for letting me share! Please share what you guys are reading right now!

Happy reading.
If you're considering writing some kind of erotica you might also like to know there is a whole genre called erotic romance that is very popular in which a highly erotic story is combined with a love story. And then there are writers like Beachgirl and I that often combine those things with a paranormal or fantasy type story as well. :)

Celeste Carrara

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celestecarrara.com
I'm also too busy writing lately (erotic romance) to read much these days, but one of my favorite authors is Maya Banks. Her book Be With Me is my favorite menage book. Also, she has a BDSM series that you will probably love. Check her out and happy reading!!

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
I like Tiffany Reisz.

elindsen

Zombie lovin'
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.augustkert.blogspot.com
I did read another BDSM. It was a dark erotic romance. If you haven't looked into those you may enjoy them. Many have bondage.

I'll see if I can remember that book..

Have you looked at All Romance ebooks? They ate easier to navigate and have riskier books than Amazon.

A billionaire book I enjoyed was Jessica Claire.

Last edited:

MissErotica

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there! I'm not sure if it's ok to suggest my own work… but because you asked: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JSW15SC/?tag=absowrit-20

I wrote it and published a few months ago, but have done nothing to attract any readers to it… I am just dreaming to get a review on Amazon (good or bad)! This is the first time I am putting my stuff out there….

The story is about a spoiled, bratty stay at home mom who (after trying to turn her husband into someone he's not) gets "bored" and gets into sexual "encounters" with other men… Meanwhile, her husband (repressed), finds his voice (as well as some of his other ''attributes") with the help of his wife's best friend, who is the polar opposite of his wife.

I am also wondering what are some ways I can promote readership of my work?? Ideas??

rachelkramerbussel

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rachelkramerbussel.com
S.E.C.R.E.T. trilogy

I loved, loved, loved the S.E.C.R.E.T. trilogy by L. Marie Adeline, about women who are down on their luck getting their sexual fantasies fulfilled by a private group of women. It's a fast read, a bit romantic but not predictable or with the usual HEA, and extremely hot sex. You can read a bit of them at http://www.secretnovels.com/

gambit924

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Read the Anne Rice stuff, lol. May not completely be BDSM, but it has some funky ass stuff in it, and it is almost completely non-stop sex, with all sorts of couplings and what have you. The Second on "Beauty's Punishment" is my fave for when I'm looking for something smutty. Also, you might was to check out some yaoi, or boys love manga. Some of it is better than others, but it's cool if you like the gay stuff. Lesbian is Yuri and I forget which one is for traditional couples. Haha, anyway, laters!!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, I once liked but now detest the Anne Rice stuff, since it's clearly entirely of the imagination and she apparently did no research on what those activities actually do to a person or how they would physically react to what happens to them.

Still, reading it may be a rite of passage for those who want to write erotica. Enjoy them if you like, but kids, don't try this at home!

At one time I thought they were pretty good, and the fact that they existed freed me to write my own--carefully researched, of course.

Maryn, big on realism

gambit924

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Hahaha, agreed, but as you said, rite of passage. It's a beginning. I do agree that some of the stuff that happens in them is utterly unrealistic, not going to mention anything at the moment, but still, unrealistic. That is how I got my start, with that and some good yaoi, lol. Anyway, Anne Rice is good to start on. It is very...Flowery, so to say. Also, if you want to see a film with absolutely ridiculous sex in it, watch "Chinese Torture Chamber Story". The sex is just outrageous and hilarious. However there are some pretty brutal things that happen in the film (hence the name), but the sex is just funny as hell. Especially the wire-fu sex. hahaha. Later then.