I have a STUPID question. solved thanks to Alleycat =D

Ladyxkaa

Consigliere to Don Fluffles
Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
I looked through seven pages on here to see if someone else asked. the thing is, I had to reformat my computer last month and I don't have all my programs, but the most serious is. I just CANNOT a reputable site to get Javascript. I have JAVA, but javascript. and I feel like an idiot that I can't find it. and if I ask my tech-savvy brother, he's going to insult me and get angry, because he'/s told me this before, but I just. Don't. Remember, and he gets FURIOUS when I forget computer things, because he's really adept with it and thinks I SHOULD be, even though he knows I'm terrible with computers. I'm serious, he's gonna call me a moron or something of the like and growl and then tell me to just google it, and when I tell him I DID, he's gonna get even more angry. normally he's the SWEETEST person I know, but when it comes to my inadequacy with computers, he's this angry monster about it. I...would rather not tell him. so, anyone know a safe site to get javascript so I can freaking use some of my sites? =D

Last edited:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What browser are you using?

Do you just need it for your browser, or do you want to actually use javascript for a web application?

Last edited:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You might see if it's available on the cnet/download.com website.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Javascript is not something you install. It's embedded into Web browsers and other applications that use it.

If you can post on AW you have JavaScript.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
*sigh* this is why I don't like asking my brother these things. he gets so mad xD thanks, admin person.

Can you tell me more about what you're trying to do? What MP3 player, where you're seeing the statement that you need JavaScript, what computer, etc?

I'm perfectly willing to try to help you.

Ladyxkaa

Consigliere to Don Fluffles
Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
I actually have it handled, but what I was trying to do was trying to transfer mp3 files to my Coby mp3 player. I had to enable javascript on the page i used xD had ask my sis, lex for it.

BradCarsten

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I actually have it handled, but what I was trying to do was trying to transfer mp3 files to my Coby mp3 player. I had to enable javascript on the page i used xD had ask my sis, lex for it.

Oooh, I hate having to use an external program to transfer my files. If you're interested there is a way to change that, (Assuming you're running windows) and transfer your mp3s through the file manager like you would with a normal flash drive.

BradCarsten

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
That was meant to address the problem you didn't know you had- being forced to use a 3rd party tool to transfer files. I sometimes forget that other people aren't as OCD as me :tongue

Taejang

Why not?
Registered
Reaction score
That was meant to address the problem you didn't know you had- being forced to use a 3rd party tool to transfer files. I sometimes forget that other people aren't as OCD as me :tongue
I too hate 3rd party transfer programs. I refuse to use iTunes and any product that requires it, along with all other 3rd party transfer programs.

But obviously, other people don't feel the same way we do, Ave. ;)