The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
K. Taylor - I have an answer, it's just one I'm ambivalent about. Hoping to get Rockstar's thoughts today and make a plan of action after that.

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Morning Purgs!

Aw, kitten adorableness, Lily. Poor Load. :tongue *pets all the kittehs*

Tas, sorry about the ambivalence. Here's hoping for an awesome plan of attack. (Also, queuing up for a rep, if you're sharing.)

Sunna, that steampunk nerf is seriously epic. Love me some serious costume fun! Can't wait for pics of the entire ensemble. :D

Hugs and back rubs to sore Ink. Have some fruity wine to dull the soreness? ;)

Not much new here. This week should be a bit more on the quiet side (here's hoping at least) with fall break coming up Thursday and Friday. Here's hoping this means I actually get to catch up with homework...

ETA: Red, I'm with Sunna on that one! :D :evil

Also, whoever suggested to get more coffee, I'm on your team.

Also, also: As per Cindy's recommendation I'm reading BEAUTIFUL MUSIC FOR UGLY CHILDREN, which for some reason is making me smile this morning. Happy times. Now if I only already had all those YA book reviews that I need to write written. La... ;)

Tasmin21

Registered
Reaction score
Dys - I think it's a little more complicated than a rep. Maybe after I talk to Rockstar today.

Haupe

Mad Thread Killa
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janohara.net
Morning, all. Count me as another one who needs caffeine. I've been awake since 4:45 just because. :eyeroll: Good think I love being awake for dawn.

(((Ink))) (((KIT))) (((Caleb))) (((sunna)))

lwalker, I do my best thinking when walking outside. Woot for wipiphanies.

Lily, I've never had a kitten that pounced on fingers. Do they grow out of that? Well, I lied, which is why I'm wondering. We adopted a kitten from the shelter and he'd pounce. He'd rush ankles, rush my then two-year-old, and bite if he grabbed hold. He obviously wasn't a good fit for our home, and the shelter had no advice, since we weren't encouraging the behaviors--just typing would set him off to the point of biting--we returned him. :( I assume a kitty with a different temperament would be fine?

Tas, hope a good decision becomes visible.

sunna, I LOVE the steampunk gun. Fabulous.

Also, also: As per Cindy's recommendation I'm reading BEAUTIFUL MUSIC FOR UGLY CHILDREN, which for some reason is making me smile this morning. Happy times. Now if I only already had all those YA book reviews that I need to write written. La... ;)
I still love this title.

I'm up at WU today, if you're interested. Stop Feeling Like an Author-Wishbone at a Table of Industry Experts (Part I). It's the setup for a small series. Might as well get some mileage out of my abandoned education.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

Think I caught everyone in reps. Not much to report. I did get some sleep over the weekend which was lovely, but insomnia hit me again last night. I think I'm allergic to work. Boo Mondays.

*off to read Haupe's post*

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Yeah, Haupe, though kittens should be discouraged of putting teeth on humans altogether. Some are biters and others just start nibbling when they're over-stimulated, but either way, it's a signal to say no and stop playing/interacting. Kittens can need a time-out.

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*hugs and cheers as appropriate*

The new website and podcast are shaping up. Just waiting on a few things with the artwork, so that everything will go up at once. I'm close to setting a recording date for the first guest. :)

Classes are busy and I'm getting midterms in already, which I should probably think about grading.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I'm back. Kitten survived the vet visit, although the Feline Leukemia vaccine stung and he actually tried to bite me. Poor little thing. He was fine and cuddly as soon as the owie stopped. Everyone wanted to take him home. One more visit and he's done with shots, hooray! Then he's inside 100% until spring, or until he gets big enough not to look like prey. If he's still too small in the spring, then no outside till I say so.

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all. It's Monday. :/

Busy week, with a conference next weekend and a presentation still to finish, so I'm not sure how much I'll be in. Rep me if anything major happens.

~suki

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
Blond! *pouncetacklehug*

Stealing!

I finally made it downtown to the bookstore yesterday. They had ten in stock, facing out on display. I bought it and gushed about it and she said she'd order a bunch and make a display and mark it a staff pick. :)

Kell got an agent. :snoopy:

Lily got a kitty. :)

My book went up on GR and for preorder on amazon. :D

Anything else, y'all?

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
BLOND!!!

*joins in the tacklehugging*

Afternoon all. Been another busy one today. Am knackered.

Lily, kitteh is adorable. Wise to keep him indoors until Spring, definitely.

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Hi all. It's Monday. :/

This.

So, Seattle and Portland were great. Four book events in three days, plus two days of sightseeing with JL. They were desperately needed. Flip side was coming back to disastrous desk at day job and general funk about being here altogether.

It is what it is. Chaos, cluelessness, and despite the fact that we're supposed to move out of this space in 16 days, facilitated by yours truly, I haven't been given a single piece of information about where, when, how, etc. I refuse to take ownership of this project if my boss decides to check out completely.

And I still don't know if she's planning to continue the business after the end of the month. You know who else doesn't know? The temps. The client. My boss...

Tasmin21

Registered
Reaction score
{{Blond}}

Lily - Yeah, kiddo's kitten had the same reaction to that vaccine, she tried to eat the vet tech's face. First and only act of actual hostility that kitten has ever shown.

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
xiaotien and charmingbillie!

charmingbillie.jpg

and this pretty much sums up my weekend
at sir3ns con. ha!

more later when i am awake!

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
I finally made it downtown to the bookstore yesterday. They had ten in stock, facing out on display. I bought it and gushed about it and she said she'd order a bunch and make a display and mark it a staff pick. :)

OMGLOVEYOU!!!!

:D

Also, as predicted, I just got a long, nasty email from my boss about how behind I am on all the move stuff. Slight problem, lady. I have NO INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT IS HAPPENING.

I was not nice in my reply.

Also, it's 10am and she's not even in the office. Yeah, I can see how concerned she is.

Little1

Hakuna Matata
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh how annoying blond. How can she expect you to do anything without telling you?? What an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.