Not open for further replies.

rosiecotton

Lover of Tea
Registered
Reaction score
craigpool.jpg

:nothing

Eta: Woo hoo, Lily!

Safe travels, Clovia. May the force be with you.

:hi:Chan! And congratulations!

Sexy pages, Moon!

Plus, everything Rick said :D

*scampers back to writing*

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
(((Rick))) Was a ticket issued? It should have been to the other guy for unsafe lane change. Not that I know anything, but that would be my argument.

Thanks for all the loving reps. I'm feeling quite accomplished. I'm even walking on the treadmill more or less regularly.

And I finished up all my Thanksgiving shopping. I have my pie and rolls and other last minute items. Now, all I have to do is cook and eat on Thursday. I'm set for my possible Fir3fly marath0n since I have the whole 14 episodes. I even bought...wait for it...JUICE. I figured as long as I was breaking my diet with all the other stuff, this would be ok. No juice in over 5 months. Does anyone else think it's sad that I'm this excited about food? :)

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
rick, that is the worst!

i've also gotten single ads of asian women
before. haven't seen in a while though. =p

rosie, craig does the brits pround, doesn't he?
haha!

i'ma gonna enjoy him as much as i can
before blondie tears through and puts the
smack down. hee

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Rick, I'm using Firefox with the AdBlock extension, so I don't see any ads at all. Once in a while one breaks through, then I just add it to those which are blocked.

My understanding is that the content of the page determines what ads are displayed by Google. What were we talking about?

I've had half a bottle of wine and am kicking butt on Jeopardy. How did getting uninhibited make me so good at this? I sure didn't get any smarter, and it doesn't seem like alcohol should speed information retrieval.

Maryn, who might just know the categories

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cindy, there's no point in lying! You're a hot Asian lady. Own it, sister!

Maryn, plump white chick

Little1

Hakuna Matata
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening all :) It sounds like y'all had an eventful day :)

I am so looking forward to pigging out on Thursday :)

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
My parents are always lovely, but they're at a particularly adorable stage right now when they miss me all the time and when am I coming home next and how can we celebrate. :LilLove: It's nice to be wanted.

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
Para, yay for being loved!

Cindy, what Maryn said.

My ads are all boring, too. What does this say about me? That's going to bother me now.

PSA: if you use Wordpress and the font uploader plugin on your website, DON'T upgrade the plugin, because it will erase all your fonts. I learned this the hard way last night. Had to reinstall it and put them all back. Ugh.

Hope everyone's Monday was good. We spent five hours at Chuck 3. Ch33se with the kids and the in-laws, but we were almost the only people there, and it was really surprisingly fun. :)

Then I got home to a comment from another author who was asking for an ARC because she'd read the first chapter of FPF already. Get this: "Loved the first chapter, because you write tight. I mean there was NO wasted space. Action, action, action. And very sophisticated sentence structure. (Does that even make sense?) You have a verb-tense thing on PAGE ONE that is like Master's Degree stuff. (I'd be too scared. I'd dumb it down for MYSELF!)" :D

I emailed her the ARC and asked what verb she was talking about because I had NO idea, and she told me, then proceeded to tell me she'd sent the line to her agent, who explained to her (she sent me the text of the email) the convoluted reason why it was so complicated and why I'd done it right. I laughed, mainly because I didn't know most of that stuff on a conscious level. I just knew it looked right the way I had it. And that line is one of just a few that have survived from the very first draft. So I haz a warm fuzzy. :heart:

I also have a book that needs to be finished. Should go write for a while. Hugs and high fives to any news I missed.

Aside: why must the children jump off the furniture upstairs? It sounds like the sky is falling.

Last edited:

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
Simple answer: Because it's there.

When I was a kid I swan-dove off my grandmother's bed, straight into the sharp corner of a dresser, and not only knocked myself out but put a nice red stain on the carpet.

That explains a lot.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, great compliment, LW!

Hi Arachnephobia!

Nice to see you, WD!

moonfairee

Registered
Reaction score
Yay Para!

lwalker, love your ARC story.

You know, I saw a dating site ad on here earlier (all women) and now it's gone. What could I have done to discourage this? Will have to experiment.

Chelsea, leggy blonde

(We'll see if that brings it back.)

Edited today for three hours. Read fifteen pages. Seriously. (Am going through each line, with my thumb slowly uncovering each word, so I catch as many typos as possible.)

Thank you Rosie and Rick!!

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
Edited today for three hours. Read fifteen pages. Seriously. (Am going through each line, with my thumb slowly uncovering each word, so I catch as many typos as possible.)

This is a brilliant idea! I'm going to do it, too. My professors always said "read it backwards," but I cannot do that. I tip my hat to folks who can.

Your galleys are so pretty! :)

ETA: Annnd, I'm tossing in the towel tonight. A whole 75 words. But I did manage to figure out the structure for the last third and how to get to the ending, so I did get something done. I'll go out for a couple of hours and get this last act going tomorrow. :)

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
About 10k words this weekend. Not awful but I need to step it up. I'm a bit tired tonight, so going to watch TV.

Sweet dreams all. :)

ETA: Not 10k, only 5k. 10k the last 9 days. So not impressive at all.

Last edited:

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
moon, haha!
love the leggy blonde bit!

dragon, 20k and a need to
step up? wow. /bootay shake!
for you!

KT and lisa, sorry about the pain. =(
never fun.

WD welcome back!!!!
hope the writing is going great!

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lord, I was looking at the total for 9 days when I wrote that. Sheesh. Heavens no, X-Cin. I only did 5k this weekend. And I wish it was 20k ! :) I'm just getting so close to the end. I figure another 5 chapters or so and I'm done. :)

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
LOL. except my weekends are 4 day weekends. Not so fantastic, when you put it that way. :) Oh well it is what it is and I'll finish when it's done. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.