Illustrator Equivalent To Absolute Write?

snowdog

Registered
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Is there an illustrator equivalent to the Absolute Write message board that you folks can recommend? I have some illustrator friends that I would like to guide to one. Thanks!

Superbacon

Poems about pork products
Registered
Reaction score
I agree, Conceptart.org is where I tend to go for commercial visual art discussions. CGSociety.org is pretty great too, but I think it has a bit of a bias towards digital art

Alkaline

Registered
Reaction score
I would argue that art is far too subjective to really start a good critique forum. I mean, a bad book is generally one with poor structure, cliches and a thin plot just to name a few variables ... but artwork? Too much in the viewer's mind to objectively assess if it's "good" or "bad."

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
I would argue that art is far too subjective to really start a good critique forum. I mean, a bad book is generally one with poor structure, cliches and a thin plot just to name a few variables ... but artwork? Too much in the viewer's mind to objectively assess if it's "good" or "bad."

Not at all. Visual art is every bit as subject to a good critique as writing is.

Mind you, Absolute Write's forums are more about the crafting of writing, its business and all its supports than they are about pure critiquing, which only takes up a small part of the site and is strictly voluntary.

Treehouseman

Registered
Reaction score
Deviant Art?

There's an illustrator chat and critique-boards on 4chan such as /i/ and /ic/ as well as ongoing threads in the comics/cartoons channel /co/.

Ketzel

Leaving on the 2:19
Registered
Reaction score
wetcanvas.com? They have an illustrators forum and they do what they call C&C (Critique and Comment)

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
It would be entirely possible to have a illustration AW. But there isn't one so far. The Epilogue forums were close at least for fantasy art, but then the delay in tech upgrades killed them.

NMEvans

Registered
Reaction score
I would have to second the suggestion for wetcanvas.com, they have an awesome super active forum and great people.