• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta needed: YA Contemp Thriller

Status
Not open for further replies.

bertrigby

Dysfunctional dystopian
Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys. I've done one round of betas already, but I've changed some major plot points in this ms and would love to get some more feedback.

Genre: YA Contemp Thriller
Length: around 57k

Basic Premise: Robbie's a petty thief from South London, caught shoplifting for the third time. The police offer him deal: go undercover in one of London's most elite private schools, catch whoever's killing rich teens, and they'll let him off doing time. Turns out posh kids are signing up for a life-or-death game known as The Hunt. The Hunger Games meets Spooks (MI:5).

I posted the opening on SYW a loooong time ago. It has changed ever so slightly, but it should give you a feel for the writing and whether you'd enjoy it.

What I'm looking for: general feedback on plot, pacing and character. Line by line isn't necessary, but if you happen to catch any mistakes, by all means let me know!

Slight caveat: This book is set in London and uses British English, including some idioms and slang. I have tried to keep these to just a few choice phrases, but in the past there have been issues with readers of other nationalities not understanding. If this would be a big stumbling block for you, this might not be the book for you.

Can I swap? Fairly busy at the moment, but depending on the project and timeframe, I may be able to help you with your YA project.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.