Rejectomancy

caliph

Registered
Reaction score
Yarg. I don't usually report mine because I get so many and they're expected, but so far today, I've gotten 7. All short, made sure. Drabblecast, Abyss and apex, stupefying stories, kazka, strange horizons. Good practice.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
Yarg. I don't usually report mine because I get so many and they're expected, but so far today, I've gotten 7. All short, made sure. Drabblecast, Abyss and apex, stupefying stories, kazka, strange horizons. Good practice.
:( :Hug2:

That's a major bummer, but don't get down about it. I had a feeling September was going be an avalanche of R's, considering how quiet the summer was. Just gotta keep going, tho.

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
Oh Caliph, 7 R's in one day... that is really tough. Defcon's probably right though about the markets that have slowed down over summer (for me, its winter). Hope it doesn't discourage you; happens to us all.

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score

Yikes - sorry about the day you've had :-(

renard79

Teacher in Space
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
The responses are starting... 50 day personal from Stupefying. Held for considersation, said "there is a lot of promise in this one", asked for another story.

Taken as success! Two of the three magazines have given good feedback on this one; someone's going to take "Earthen". :) will go out again after work.

26 day personal from Strange Horizons. Recommended other venues to send to., and gave very complimentary notes on poem. Yay!

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com

Sorry about your bus-load of Rs :(.

6-day rejection from A&A yesterday. Only one rejection doesn't seem so bad now though ;).

Niccolo

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to throw this thread off topic, but does Shimmer usually ask for another submission in their rejections?

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
Sorry to throw this thread off topic, but does Shimmer usually ask for another submission in their rejections?

I think it depends on the editor. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Usually they do with personal rejections.

Niccolo

Registered
Reaction score
I think it depends on the editor. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Usually they do with personal rejections.

Thank you muchly :) In the news of rejection, I've only got crickets, who are chirping very loudly.

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
17-day form R from Strange Horizons. after seeing all the earlier responses on duotrope I was starting to get my hopes up, but oh well.

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
12-day R from Shimmer. I figured a bizarro was a long shot, but they said they wanted unusual!

Last edited:

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
12-day R from Shimmer. I figured a bizarro was a long shot, but they said they wanted unusual!

Worth a try though, given their encouragement to those who previously submitted to Weird Tales.

Sorry for all the R's everyone. (Crickets for me; need to get more subs out.)

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
69-day R from Glimmer Train... Now what do I do with this story? (It's a hard one to place since it's so unusual.)