Rejectomancy

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
4 day R from Apex! First one for the year!

Edit: 0-day from Nightmare ... Second of the year ...

Last edited:

Niccolo

Registered
Reaction score
Condolences for the rejections everyone. Internet hugs all around.

3-day personal from the Red Asylum. They're fast, offer good constructive criticism, and will definitely be seeing me again.

Project Deadlight

Registered
Reaction score
An R from Contr@ry. The rejection that tells you that you are in a special class of people that will be invited to submit again come the next round of submissions... Thing is, I had 2 pieces with them. When I queried which one they liked so much it got this "special" rejection, they said "both". I also got this "special" rejection the last two times I subbed.

I can't prove this, but I'm not convinced this venue even reads the submissions they are sent. Especially given they don't even include the name of your piece in the rejection. Won't be subbing here again.

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
6-day form R from Apex and 65-day form from Crossed Genres. The CG one was particularly ouchy. I thought that story a good fit and it's been short-listed at some other markets.

Niccolo

Registered
Reaction score
1 day form from Jersey Devil Press. Can't seem to find the right market for this one.

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Gah - 3rd one today. 32-day form R from IGMS. I hadn't even finished sending the other two back out yet!

Brynn

Registered
Reaction score
Aww. Hugs to you, Eliza. Good job having so many out that they come back in waves, though!

My commiserations to all the other rejectioneers. My first R of the year was an extremely kind form from Lore. 83 days, I think.

It's weird not to be obsessing over response times at Duotrope. I feel much more in the dark, but I think for me personally it will be better. Just have to keep writing and subbing to drown out the various crickets.

squeaky pram

oldie turned newbie
Registered
Reaction score
42-day form R from AGNI. Looks like they're clearing the decks. So far today about 70 Rs have been reported, and that's just from us duotrope malingerers.

KitCat

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Back from being sick for several weeks to late-post my last R for 2012 (on my birthday no less lol) from Kazka. Good luck to everyone in 2013 :)

Niccolo

Registered
Reaction score
21 day form from Flash Fiction Online (say that five times fast). Off to...some other flash fiction market! Have to keep trying, am I right? :D

Datepalm

Registered
Reaction score
You are right. 30-something from Bete Noire, personal yet very slightly mean? Not sure, really, they said they liked reading it and then followed up with something I found rather scathing. Well, a personal is a personal.

quovadis

Registered
Reaction score
Longtime lurker here - posting with a surely-stupid query. Does anyone know anything about the Electric Velocipede submissions process (they use the Clarkesworld engine). I've been "under review", rather than "pending", for a couple of weeks now (and one and two-day rejections are being reported on duotrope), but I'm only 50-something in the queue (and moving slowly - down only 20 spaces in about ten days).

Am I in a different "review queue," or am I missing something terribly obvious.

Project Deadlight

Registered
Reaction score
I can help: number 32 in that same queue, quo. I queried yesterday and john said I was in the Recommended pile (through slush). Everyone ahead of me in that queue is recommended too and as he averages around 5 stories a day it could take him a while to get to me. Hope that helps.

DPRichard

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
Woke up with a temperature just under 100 and was greeted with an e-mail inbox with four rejections from agents.

Screw it, going back to bed and will see you all tomorrow.....

Last edited:

DPRichard

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
Woke up with a temperature just under 100 and was greeted with an e-mail inbox with four rejections from agents.

Screw it, going back to bed and will see you all tomorrow.....

Wait, make that 5 rejections in one day. One last kick in backside sneaks in with seconds to spare.

Ugh.....

Chalula88

Registered
Reaction score
My first rejection of the year is from Spellbound - 15 days . It was a personal R, encouraging me to submit again.

J.W. Alden

The King Who Bore the Sword
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
First new story of the year has been out and back again in one day. Good old Clarkesworld, nice and reliable to get the submissions process off to a speedy start!

Project Deadlight

Registered
Reaction score
Weird, just had a nice and detailed personal from an agent after sending my full novel to them. Only thing is, she already sent a nice and detailed personal before xmas? Was my novel that forgettable?