Submissions Call: AW Erotica Anthology x 4

Oldbrasscat

Making stuff up...or maybe sleeping
Registered
Reaction score
In a bunker, lobbing grenades at the plot bunnies.
Consensus, folks. My story is determined to be the start of a sweet romance. How far can we bend the rules on this? I honestly meant it to be just a raunchy romp, but apparently I'm completely incapable of that--at least, without adding in a happy romance.

Sneaky Devil

Tale-spinner
Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for a couple (yes, 2) betas for my short for the Blue theme submission if anyone is interested. Please respond here or PM me and thanks in advance to anyone willing to help. :)

Oldbrasscat: I see nothing wrong with turning a raunchy romp into a budding romance. If it's written well enough, it can be done. :)

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, now, asking reasonable questions doesn't make you a douche.

There's this person at IMDb's Books board who can teach you how, though.

Maryn, butting heads with her

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
It'll depend very much on the number of submissions and (to a lesser extent) the workloads of those assessing them. As soon as we have all the submissions, we should have an ETA.

Lori, who's going to have to bow out of subbing to this one because of other deadlines

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Just a note that the deadline for the Red Anthology closes on the 28th of Feb, but if extra time is needed, just give me a poke, prod -- clip up the ear with blunt instrument :D (jackl.pyke @ gmail . com).

Got some fantastic subs coming in. :)

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Got it. :D

If anyone's sent in work in and they haven't had a reply, can they let me know? I've replied to all I can see on my account, but in case there's a glitch, please let me know if you've subbed and not heard back. :)

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Update: Because we've only received a few submissions for Red, I've extended the deadline to April 30. Once we see how many subs we have for both Red and Blue, a decision will be made about how the book(s) will be released.

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
Probably a daft question, but how integral to the whole story does the colour need to be?

I just spent a couple of days at the seaside with my Ms Kiwi in MIL's old camper van, total peace and quiet, and we ended up brainstorming story ideas...every time, somewhere in the process of arriving at a good idea, I seemed to circle away from any relevance to the colour we'd started.

So, and I suspect I am answering my own question, I presume the colour needs to be of quite central significance to the plot/theme of the story?

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
It sounds like we're pretty light on submissions. At this rate, we might just make it a combined edition with all the stories.

Fallen, could you email me with a breakdown of current subs?

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
That sucks. Did the first one have a great showing?

I think Cliff said there was a total of 15 subs for consideration in the first anthology. :)

Just a general update
:

From the lovely thethinker42:

Subs are now open to all colours: red, blue, green, black.

Closing date and release info:

Closing date August 31, 2014.
Projected release for: December 31, 2014

It's hoped that at least one anthology will go out. We just need some more subs... :D