Anyone used Bookbub?

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
My second BookBub just posted. The blurb on the listing reads: "When a response to a shooting goes horribly wrong, paramedic Nick Swain's reputation and life are in jeopardy. He finds solace in the arms of Detective Andrew Carmichael, but will that be enough to protect him? Nearly 200 five-star ratings on Goodreads!" (emphasis mine)

There's been some speculation that only books with a ton of ratings on Amazon get approved, but this book has no ratings on Amazon. So if possible, if you're going to submit a book to BookBub, I would recommend choosing one that has a lot of ratings on Goodreads. I didn't mention the number of ratings in the comments when I submitted this title, but I think I will from now on. (In this case, the book is a second edition, so the ratings on Amazon were erased, but still exist on GR)

I'll post in a day or so with a sales update.

victoriakmartin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriakmartin.com
Wow, that sounds like you've had great success, congrats! I've never heard of BookBub but I think I'm going to have to sign up ... you can never have too many books!

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
One more update:

Two days into the promo, the book has sold about 1,000 copies across all venues, and reached one of the highest Amazon ranks I've ever had (#201). It's starting to taper a bit now (today's the last day), but it was definitely a good run. Also, it's the first book in a trilogy, and the sales on books 2 and 3 are slowly climbing.

This is my second BookBub, and has been very successful. Definitely worth the money. (Both of mine were on the LGBT list, which has the fewest subscribers)

nealraisman

tenured at Mammon U
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. This is great to know. I subscribe to Bookbub but never thought about trying to place a book there.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
My first FREE BookBub promo went live today. As of right now (about 8 hours after the email went out), it's been downloaded 5,000 times and is #36 in the Kindle Store. This is a gay romance, too.

The $0.99 promos are great, but the freebies are INSANE.