• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Bindery Agency (formerly Alexander Field L.A.)

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Alex Field - Any responses on fulls?

I haven't seen any activity on this link for a while - I can't even get it to come up when I click on the link under agencies.

I know several of you had requests for fulls from Alex - if you don't mind sharing, I was wondering about responses.

Thanks.

Sissy

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Argh! Link fixed, thanks.

MMcDonald64

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I queried Alex in early April. I hadn't heard anything back and after about eight months of fruitless querying, I decided to self-pub on Kindle. I uploaded late Friday. It didn't go live until yesterday. Of course, *today*, I get a full request. I swear, it's the story of my life.

I guess I'll have to decline his request. Dang. I've only sold five too, and one of those was to me to check my formatting.

Daddyo

been around a while
Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. Lord knows how long the full would be tied up with Alex--then it may still be a rejection. Just get that self-pub promotional machine in gear. I, for one, feel your pain (no I'm not a Bill Clinton groupie).

MMcDonald64

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. Lord knows how long the full would be tied up with Alex--then it may still be a rejection. Just get that self-pub promotional machine in gear. I, for one, feel your pain (no I'm not a Bill Clinton groupie).

Thanks for the reply. I've been thinking maybe I'll send the manuscript with a note about the Kindle upload. I'll let him decide if he still wants to bother reading it. In all liklihood, he'll pass on it, but I put the ball in his court.

ILSinTexas

requiescat in pace
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I've been meaning to query him for a while, and I finally did tonight. I'll let you know what happens.

Eiro

Pull no punches!
Registered
Reaction score
Is there any further info on this agent? I've scrounged around a bit online, but I haven't found much info on what fiction sales, if any, he's made recently. Any news?

gan_naire

Without Shame
Registered
Reaction score
If you're going to stalk me, make it interesting a
Just sent my query and synopsis to him. I'm glad I found the guy here in the index of agents (can't believe I never checked it), and I was real glad to see that he likes noir. While I'd say that my novel is literary, it definatly reads like a noir.

Tburger

Wahoowa
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tcmccarthy.com
Alex Field is accepting queries

Hey, I nudged Alex (he's my agent) to see if I could get any questions answered for this thread, and I just heard back from him. He is now accepting queries; I would use the old guidelines posted on his page (there's a link to it somewhere in this thread!).

As for sales, I can't speak for the other authors he's represented, but in 2010 he sold my trilogy to Orbit Books (Hachette Book Group). I am thrilled with him so far!

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
No sign of recent activity. (Tburger above with a different agency as of '12.)

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
No sign of recent activity. (Tburger above with a different agency as of '12.)

He's still agenting (he is in fact my agent and sold a series for me that's due ou this year with Orbit) but he keeps a small list of clients afaia.

Last edited: