• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

BookStop Literary Agency

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Received a full request yesterday on an October 6 e-query. Turnaround time was exactly two months. I'll try to remember to update when I receive a response.

tracythewriter

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone worked with Minju Chang? I haven't found much info on her. She requested a partial on my YA novel this morning. Thanks!

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone worked with Minju Chang? I haven't found much info on her. She requested a partial on my YA novel this morning. Thanks!

Tracy, I'm still waiting to hear back on the full request I mentioned above. (I'm thinking I'll be getting that answer pretty much any day now.) I submitted my query to Ms. Chang back in October, but most of my correspondence to this point has actually been with her associate, Kendra Marcus (the initial full request, and then a polite confirmation of receipt).

tracythewriter

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Krista G. Good luck on your full. I have my fingers crossed for us both! (And am not holding my breath on my partial...sounds like it'll take a while.)

Stikan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stinakanaris.com
This may be a dumb question.
I was thinking of querying and saw their submissions say "To submit a novel....Please paste a brief cover letter...".

I know there can be a difference between queries and cover letters, but are you guys just sending your query letter?

Thanks!

(The Noob ;-))

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question.
I was thinking of querying and saw their submissions say "To submit a novel....Please paste a brief cover letter...".

I know there can be a difference between queries and cover letters, but are you guys just sending your query letter?

Thanks!

(The Noob ;-))

Yeah, Stikan, for me, cover letter = query letter. Which is what I sent.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Received a response on my requested full today, from Kendra Marcus. It's an invitation to revise and resubmit!

So, to sum up, total turnaround time on the manuscript was four months to the day (although she did mention she thought she'd already sent me a reply). Total turnaround time on the query was a day more than two - months, that is.

profen4

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
March 26th query with 10 pages, today, April 14th, request for 75 pages as word attachement.

Last edited by a moderator:

jennifer williams

Registered
Reaction score
I just received a partial request from Minju Chang. I queried on July 2nd. Has anyone else with a partial or a full heard back from them yet?

Debbie V

Mentoring Myself and Others
Registered
Reaction score
I've passed the six week mark on my chapter book submission and was wondering if anyone else has news from them and what the response time was. I haven't signed up for premium on query tracker, so I only have the broadest sense. Thanks for any input.

Spidah

Registered
Reaction score
Website
katharineowens.blogspot.com
Info on submissions, bookstop lit

Hi Debbie V--
I queried them with a YA manuscript on April 5 and got a full request on April 16th. Talked with one of the agents around April 25th with suggestions for revising/resubmitting. They seem really great.

I don't know if this helps.

Debbie V

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Spidah. Good luck with the revising and resubmitting.

Debbie V

Registered
Reaction score
Subbed 3/8/13
Form R 5/7/13

On to the next one.

Guinea

Registered
Reaction score
So excited about this. Minju has requested an additional 50 pages on one of my books. I queried on the 2 April, received request today. So three months, but they did apologize very nicely for the delay.

NVS

Registered
Reaction score
For anyone preparing to query, this agency is closed to submissions until 11.1.13.

jcheerios

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.almostgrownup.net
So, here are my stats in querying Minju Chang at Bookstop thus far... for posterity and to give other people an idea and all that jazz.

Query date: 6/17/13
Full request (with a note apologizing for the length of time a response took): 10/14/13
Full sent: 10/15/13

Began to get a little paranoid that I hadn't received any confirmation/acknowledgement of receipt and politely nudged: 12/31/13