Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Five. no -- six. That's it. Six. Five or six.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Thanks, buh-dy.

The big one caught it from a classmate and gave it to the little one who passed it on to me. :( being sick with the flu is nasty enough, but taking care of a sick kid and sicker baby was a disaster.

Oooh, that's horrible. When I have the flu, it's all I can do to get my sorry self to the bathroom. I can't imagine taking care of sick kids on top of it.
Get better soon.

And hi. Nice to meet you. I'm new and terribly bouncy and annoying.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Time for bed. I have to take Jessie to basketball playoffs tomorrow.

1st game is at 830 am. 1 hour drive. If she wins, she plays again at 11. If she winds she plays again the next day at 2pm.

BTW, in case you were wondering, the # is 5.856295638294739249927529247

Can't believe nobody got that.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Eh, QLH is what it is. It can be helpful, is often helpful, in fact, but is not a place for easily bruised egos.

Just remember, each person presents only their opinion, to be taken or left at your own discretion. The more commonly an opinion is voiced, however, is usually an indication of how much attention you should pay to it.

Also, queries are *hard.*

Yes, some of the comments on my query have been quite thoughtful and helpful. But I feel like a couple of them were slapped on there by people who were just trying to up their post counts! I'm glad I did a buttload of research (query shark, agent blogs, etc.) before even trying to write a query letter. Otherwise, I'd be pretty darn confused right now. As it is, I do know what a good query letter should look like. And I downright enjoy critiquing other peoples' letters. It's just that actually writing one for your own novel is a whole 'nother thing. I'm letting the comments marinate for a bit before I do anything else to my draft.

Meanwhile, I'm playing. Tomorrow I might even leave my computer off and go play with live humans. Woo hoo!

And they are flat out insane in the Cabaret. We are much nicer here. ... Well, saner.

Slightly.

No one here has sent me private messages commenting on/virtually groping my bosom. So far. The Cabaret isn't a place for the timid, either. But then, I'm not very timid.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Meanwhile, I'm playing. Tomorrow I might even leave my computer off and go play with live humans. Woo hoo!

Ah yes, the joys of living in a town where that is easily accomplished.

There are times I miss the big city.

Though usually not the week rent is due.

:D

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
@ Cass : Wow - you really are in the city that never sleeps. :) ;)

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
You have a thread for getting groped? As in your own personal thread? Or just the Cabaret?

Well, I've tried to put up my own personal groping thread, but unfortunately the moderators keep taking it down. I've been forced to rely on the Cabaret. Luckily, the Cabaret is pretty much like going through airport security.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
nope. I figured it would be all quiet here, and peeps would be in bed and I would have to go back to the Cabaret, or OldPeeps thread, or visit the Horror Hounds.

It's nice to have company.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
@ Cass : Wow - you really are in the city that never sleeps. :) ;)

Yes. And while some might be out partying the night away, I'm watching CSI reruns and playing on my computer! Woo hoo!

It's a wretched, rainy night. I actually turned down dinner plans to eat cereal and bum around in sweats. Pathetic. I really should just go to bed. I'm a bit of an insomniac, alas, but I'm sleepy tonight. Must be all that groping.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I've tried to put up my own personal groping thread, but unfortunately the moderators keep taking it down.

Yeah, we're not that kind of forum, really.

Well, there are a couple of sections, but even so, still not quite that kind.

I've been forced to rely on the Cabaret. Luckily, the Cabaret is pretty much like going through airport security.

Was it Cray or Witters?

Just a personal bet with myself.

:idea:

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Yeah, we're not that kind of forum, really.

Well, there are a couple of sections, but even so, still not quite that kind.

Was it Cray or Witters?

Just a personal bet with myself.

:idea:

Do you mean which one did it first? That would be teh bunneh. I mean quickWit. (I spent too much time on that thread today.) Cray was next. But that may have just been a matter of timing.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I think the groper was RT - wasn't it? Oh that's right, he was the only non-groper today.

Probably because it was mankini season.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do you mean which one did it first? That would be teh bunneh. I mean quickWit. (I spent too much time on that thread today.) Cray was next. But that may have just been a matter of timing.

Ah yes, most likely just timing. Witters has no manners, and Cray no sense of decency. So between the two of them it was kind of a toss up.

Also, they are both somewhat of a lech, each of them.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Oh, it's barely even midnight, PD.

Some of us - even here on the east coast - are still quite awake.

:)

I meant to ask (and shazzam, now I'm asking!) -- are you in Boston, or somewhere out in a pasture?

By the way, I'm a mere 16 rep points from 250. To think I started the day with 76.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Was from Boston. Well, I used to live there. Was never actually "from" there in terms of point of origin.

Now I am most definitely out in farm country.

Status
Not open for further replies.