Status
Not open for further replies.

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
I was offered a three book deal on my middle grade series THE EXPLORERS CLUB by Delacorte, Random House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A little bit about the series: Yes, as the PM announcement says, the catalyst for adventure is a pig in a teeny hat but there's even more to the book (can there be more after a pig in a teeny hat?? Need there be more??)! Basically it's set in the same kind of world as ALEX and TIMOTHY. There's adventure, saving the day, bad guys, whimsy, magical realism etc. Two kids, Sebastian and Evie, set about to reunite the formerly famous explorer team the Filipendulous Five, who disbanded many years ago and no one knows why, in order to rescue their leader (who also happens to be Evie's grandfather and only remaining living relative).

There's a lot more to it but, you know, that's why you need to read the book ;) .

I have to say, guys, I am really happy to be back to writing MG. I truly enjoyed writing YA but MG is where I started out and I just . . . I just love it. And I think it's truly the genre that best expresses my sense of humour (what that says about me, I'm not sure ;) ). I'm super excited about this!

As ever thank you to everyone at AW for all your constant support and general awesomeness!! I've been here a LONG time, and there's a reason I've stayed so long. You guys rock.

PM%20announcement_zpszcsiqxzf.png

Last edited:

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
Huge congrats! Now go celebrate.

LJD

Registered
Reaction score

Fuchsia Groan

Becoming a laptop-human hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Yay! So many congratulations! Now I want to know what "filipendulous" means. :) (Best guess without cheating by checking dictionary: "hanging from a thread.")

Altiv

Chasing the dragon...
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! That's amazing!

Congratulations!! :partyguy:

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! Was this arranged through an agent?

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
And once again a huge thank you to you all for the support!

gingerwoman - It was indeed. She's been my agent for a good long time now, and not only did she get the deal from me, she pushed me really hard to finish writing the book in the first place. I have had a lot of other projects on the go, but this was the one she really knew would sell. And she was right! Her name and agency is at the end of the screen cap I posted in my OP.

growingupblessings

Drinking lots of coffee
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! I have a child who is reading MG books now, we will read them!

Malay

Registered
Reaction score
Wow... congratulations and thank you. Your success is an inspiration for noobs like me!

Status
Not open for further replies.