Self-published a selection of Short Stories!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldborne

Registered
Reaction score
It's not much, but it's big for me. This is the first thing I've ever published, and hopefully it'll help me someway in getting my novel published too.

Pretty happy about it!

SML7318

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! May it be the first of many.

kdaniel171

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
It's not much, but it's big for me. This is the first thing I've ever published, and hopefully it'll help me someway in getting my novel published too.

Pretty happy about it!

What a wonderful news!Congratulations:partyguy:
The first publication is always exciting.
What are these stories about?

Paragraphic

Word eater.
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! You're published! How many short stories did you include?

Copy Genie

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! It's my own goal to do the same. What format and platform did you publish on? Do you have any suggestions?

Oldborne

Registered
Reaction score
What a wonderful news!Congratulations
The first publication is always exciting.
What are these stories about?

Thank you so much! The stories are set in my novel's universe, in a world that is little more than a desert. The stories chronicle the lives of individuals living past the end of the world. I've a link to the book in my signature if you wanna check out the blurb!

Congratulations! You're published! How many short stories did you include?

Thank you! It's hard to see myself as published, but I suppose I am! It's only a small collection of five shorts, but the book tallies at about 65ish pages. So I feel like it's a decent length for a collection.

Congrats!

Thank you!

Congrats! It's my own goal to do the same. What format and platform did you publish on? Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you! Keep your head down and your word count up and you'll get there. I used Amazon Kindle and I've gone with KDP for a month, but when that runs out I'll probably publish with smashswords too. I've only had experience with Kindle at the moment, and its been alright, so I'd suggest that. It's pretty damn easy provided you have your formatting correct.

Make sure your finished product is single line spaced, and that you have a 0.60 indent on your first lines. Tabbing to make the indent will seriously fuck up the eBook format during conversion. I learnt that the hard way...

So far though I've had about 90 units pushed since I published which isn't terrible considering I've done absolutely no marketing or promotion and that I'm a first time author. So yeah...pretty happy overall!

Good luck with your own writing, and thank you everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.