Status
Not open for further replies.

Marianne Kirby

Blue Hair, Don't Care
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.xojane.com
I sold my first novel!!! I am so excited I can hardly stand it and I'm basically walking around glowing.

So that's the accomplishment part!

The goal part is that I want to get through the editing rounds without despair! Which means I want to get through the editing rounds without putting stuff off until the last minute, which is my classic modus operandi. Here's to getting stuff done a little more mindfully, right?

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations. :e2woo:

Paragraphic

Word eater.
Registered
Reaction score
Woot! Congratulations, Marianne! I'm so happy things worked out the way you were hoping! Ah! I can't wait to here how the editing goes and see it when it comes out!

Marianne Kirby

Blue Hair, Don't Care
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.xojane.com
Congratulations on the sale!!

Thank you!

Congratulations. :e2woo:

Thanks! I appreciate it!

Congratulations!

Thank you very much!

Woot! Congratulations, Marianne! I'm so happy things worked out the way you were hoping! Ah! I can't wait to here how the editing goes and see it when it comes out!

I am so excited! Spring of 2016, though I don't have a specific date yet. *grin* Thank you and hooray! Hopefully I won't be a total pest if I share the process.

Congrats! That's fantastic news. :)

How many submissions / rejections did it take for this ms before you got a yes?

I finished the manuscript at the end of November and mailed it to my agent, knowing it would sit until well into January. She called me at the tail end of January and asked me to do a copy edit (there were some "I'm so tired I accidentally subbed this word when I meant its homonym" issues), write a short bio and a long bio, and write a sort of letter explaining some of the background of the novel because there's some alternate history elements to it. I got her all of that at the end of February/beginning of March.

It took her a little while to digest it and then work on how she was going to sub it. She sent it out March 30 and April 14th we had an offer.

Lauram6123

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you!

I finished the manuscript at the end of November and mailed it to my agent, knowing it would sit until well into January. She called me at the tail end of January and asked me to do a copy edit (there were some "I'm so tired I accidentally subbed this word when I meant its homonym" issues), write a short bio and a long bio, and write a sort of letter explaining some of the background of the novel because there's some alternate history elements to it. I got her all of that at the end of February/beginning of March.

It took her a little while to digest it and then work on how she was going to sub it. She sent it out March 30 and April 14th we had an offer.
Yay! I love these happy endings! Congratulations!

Altiv

Chasing the dragon...
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations!!

matthew86

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
I sold my first novel!!! I am so excited I can hardly stand it and I'm basically walking around glowing.

So that's the accomplishment part!

The goal part is that I want to get through the editing rounds without despair! Which means I want to get through the editing rounds without putting stuff off until the last minute, which is my classic modus operandi. Here's to getting stuff done a little more mindfully, right?

Congratulations:partyguy:
I'm so happy for you!
I hope that the success of your first book will keep you going well beyond the second and third...

Keep up the good work!

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
CGs on the sale and jump all over those coming edits -- don't give 'em a chance to loaf! :D

Marianne Kirby

Blue Hair, Don't Care
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.xojane.com
CGs on the sale and jump all over those coming edits -- don't give 'em a chance to loaf! :D

I've got 45 days -- but I know if I wait, I'll be right up against my deadline because I'm a last-minute person like that. So I am already working the initial edits to the turn and feeling good about things!

Thanks so much, everyone! I feel all "I am a novelist" and ridiculous and it's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.