dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
A quick perusal seems to indicate that I'm ok, but that's a great reminder about putting a (c) on your page somewhere to remind folks that it's yours. I'll have to modify my page tonight.

Thanks, sparkly!

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
A quick perusal seems to indicate that I'm ok, but that's a great reminder about putting a (c) on your page somewhere to remind folks that it's yours. I'll have to modify my page tonight.

Thanks, sparkly!
YOu mean the fact that my name is all over it won't give them a clue that it's mine?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Considering the mindless drivel that is most people's blogs (mine included), which is mostly content only relevant for a small handful of people, all of this seems a bit Orwellian for the majority of bloggers.

If you're being paid, or a public figure/celebrity of some sort, then perhaps the need to worry, but otherwise this seems overkill.

PleaseMay

Registered
Reaction score
very helpful. I had know Idea the government was so involved in the blogsphere. Silly naive me.

sreece

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.TNChristianPublishers.com
Hmm - lots to think about. Life gets more complicated the longer we live it! But thanks for the great information. I was considering launching a newsletter that people would sign up for so this information is excellent to know ahead of time.

Arob

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dumpdiggers.blogspot.com
There is no date on that article?

I wish there was a date on that article - some of the things they write are already outdated.

You know I have to wonder about some folks who get all protective about their content - I can tell you this
if you write and publish fiction on your blog, its safe
the five people a day who read it (by accident) are not likely to steal it.

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
I wish there was a date on that article - some of the things they write are already outdated.

You know I have to wonder about some folks who get all protective about their content - I can tell you this
Ain't THAT the truth? LOL. But still, good info and better to be informed and breathe easy than to be broadsided. Ignorance of the law and all that...:D

DMarie84

I wish I had a time machine
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inthewritemind.wordpress.com
Good grief, I never knew all the legal issues involved. Everything has to be so complicated now, doesn't it?

But the article was very informative, from what I could understand :tongue

SomeoneElse

Registered
Reaction score

since the copyright at the bottom of the page is 2005-2007 and the next article on the list at the left is May 2007, I would guess it is from about that time

D7ana

Registered
Reaction score
I've added the copyright notice to my blog, PhillyCollector. Just in case someone decides to swipe my scintillating comments about playscale doll and action figure collecting or my imperfect photos.

Seriously though, I had never realized that linking to a direct page on a website - say to the store as opposed to the home webpage - could be a problem.

I'm okay about NOT using photos from other websites - whew! I had thought that that could be dodgy and best to avoid. Besides, since it's my blog, I feel I ought to use my photos OR a link to other photos.

Thanks for the link to this article.

Last edited:

Shay

She's one of those drifters
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, real helpful.

Chinaren

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.NeilHartleyBooks.com
Considering the mindless drivel that is most people's blogs (mine included), which is mostly content only relevant for a small handful of people, all of this seems a bit Orwellian for the majority of bloggers.

If you're being paid, or a public figure/celebrity of some sort, then perhaps the need to worry, but otherwise this seems overkill.

Yeah, I agree. Unless you slander some person or do something pretty deliberately like that, I doubt anyone's really going to notice us 'small fish'.

Starhorsepax

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.starhorsepax.com
Good grief! I hope I'm okay with my cafepress shop photos, at least the designs are all mine. I was interested to hear about the deep links. I think I might've done that once or twice but not to business-it was all pointing at not for profits mentioned in the blog and their documents. Maybe I'll go back and put a note at the bottom. Otherwise, I don't think they'd object, since the point is to get their message out not make money.

sadron

Writing Dark Fantasy
Registered
Reaction score
Good to know, but I'm not much for marketing stuff. Just my rambles.