Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
hahahaha no need to beta. The ones involving love are much farther in the series... Starting around the 5th book

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Haha yep. XD It's a stupid temporary title I came up with for my newest WiP. It's about a boy who lost his sense of childhood wonder after his father died, so his world is very sad for lack of a better word. :p So one day a few years down the line, his little sister gives him a doll she bought at an antique shop, because she remembers how he used to play with her dolls as if they were real people in hopes of cheering him up a bit. He pretty much ignores the doll, but one day, it comes to life, and helps him regain some zest for life back into his world.

...I should not write summaries at 6 AM after not sleeping. XD

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Ok all i have to say is that sounds more like a horror story. Dolls coming to life, that happened in my 3rd book and that damn fucking thing from hell tired to kill my MC... I hate dolls they are the scariest things ever made!!!!!!

Octave

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
On the cracked sidewalks of a fading city
I am terrified of dolls, but I think dolls coming to life is an interesting thing. I 'd actually like to read a modern Galatea thing. :D

And I don't know about temporary, but Keagerz, that's an awesome title. Even more so if it's just temporary. I wonder what your actual titles are like. :Jaw:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Now is it a porcelain doll or like a stuffed animal doll? Because porcelain dolls are EVIL!!!

Still a cool concept... unless it picks up a knife.... then its just terrifying and you MC should freaking run before he ends up meeting his father again.

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
DDDDD: DON'T WORRY MY BABIES DADDY STILL LOVES YOU. *goes to hug all of his dollies* ;___; Don't worry you aren't creepy at all! <3

Haha, I love dolls. >w<; I collect resin ball jointed dolls.

I could go into all the reasons why I love them, but as I was typing it out, I sounded a bit more crazy than I like to admit I am. xD

ETA: Oh I definitely agree with you on porcelain dolls, they creep me out too. But as a doll lover, I cannot bring myself to bash one doll to another. XD The dolls I collect are made of resin and act like highly customizable and poseable action figures!

The dolls in the story will probably be an antique version of a ball-jointed doll. ^^

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
do you want mine???

Shhhhhhh!!! I cant let them hear me... but i have 4 of those fucking evil bastards in my closet... but they dont know where the key is... If they agree not to kill me i can sure send them to you.

I killed there leader a few months ago... my mom tired to scare me with that little ginger from hell again... but what did i do... i opened the bag saw her, screamed then ran the bag out to the trashcan... She's finally gone!!!! or .... at least i think...

Octave

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I find ball jointed dolls beautiful. Breathtaking, even. I just can't find any where I live. :/

I actually like porcelain ones too, and life-sized ones. What I don't like are the ones that blink and cry. :scared:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
my boyfriend knows of my fear and decided to scare the living shit out of me one day in Target. He lead me down the doll isle then ran and clapped really loud so all the motion and sound activated ones all went off and started blinking and crying and screaming "Mommy" at once.

I ran away screaming and i was 20 at the time.

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Oh my, poor dollies. D:

What kind of dolls are they? o.o Porcelain? Mine are made of resin, haha. As I said, mine are just big action figures. XD

But they are still my babies and I like them. D:

Octave, more than likely you won't find them where you live. XD There's only like...two stores I can think of that sell them in the USA. ;_; I ordered all of mine from overseas.

and holy crap that'd be terrifying even for me Ally. XD I do not like robotic things! Or when things move on their own. Like furby. o__O; Furby was my worst nightmare. xDDD

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
hahahaha furby just annoyed the shit out of me when i was little. Talk freaking english, i dont have time to learn your damn stupid language!!!

Yeah i blame my mom for my horrible fear of dolls. I know its irrational but i cant go near one to this day...

In other news I came up with a SNI... but its not for my series... that's like a first. I think it would be a cool book, but it will probably never get written sadly.

Octave

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
...That explains it. I checked lots of stores and none of them even knew what BJDs were. Broke my heart. I suppose I could ask my mom if I could order one online.

You can get accessories for them/change their hair and appearance, right? I'm not quite so clear on that.

And Ally, if that happened to me I'd be a hysterical mess. And when I recover that boyfriend should proooobably brace himself. =.=

ETA: SNI? :O Mind if I ask what about?

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
That is like me and clowns. My mom made me watch IT when I was a little kid, and I've been terrified ever since. :| I remember my friend had a birthday party, and a clown came, and I legit started having a panic attack and had to go home early. xD She never spoke to me again after that! Lol we were like in 1st grade or something.

Octave, I'll send you a PM about them. ^^ Since they're complicated little things! <3 I'm warning you though, they are expensive as everything about them is done by hand.

And I demand to know about this SNI thing! :O

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
...That explains it. I checked lots of stores and none of them even knew what BJDs were. Broke my heart. I suppose I could ask my mom if I could order one online.

You can get accessories for them/change their hair and appearance, right? I'm not quite so clear on that.

And Ally, if that happened to me I'd be a hysterical mess. And when I recover that boyfriend should proooobably brace himself. =.=

ETA: SNI? :O Mind if I ask what about?

Oh yeah Will knew to run from me... if there wernt a million security cameras in Target i'd probably have killed him... sadly he's done it to me more then once. Now when were in a story and he says "oh my god you got to see this" in the toy section... i dont follow.

Oh as for the SNI... What If?

What if you had walked a different way home? What if you had chosen a different car? What if you parents never got divorced? What if you never met your best friend? What if you were born the opposite sex? What if you were never born at all?

For Maddy what if's were always on her mind because of her miserable life. But she never expected to actually be able to have her what if questions answered, that is until she finds a crystal sphere while lost in the woods.

A sphere that could show her glimpses of that what if's and if she choose she could enter that what if life. But not everything is truly what it seems from a simple glimpse.

ETA my query writing skills suck...

Pretty much this girl Maddy ends up finding this sphere and at first just sits for hours asking it the what if questions and seeing the little glimpses of what her life would be like, until she accidently wishes herself that slightly alternate world. Everything great at first and she still has the sphere that was still acquired the same way and can wish herself back to her original life as long as she has the sphere, but as she becomes more daring and her "what if" because more grand she wishes herself into a life in which for the first time, she doesnt have the sphere, and this life wasnt as amazing as the little glimpse showed not by a long shot. Thinking she can just get the sphere back easily she travels in the woods to find it but... its no where to be found. She cant find the cave she accidently subbled into and each day this new alternate life grows worst and worst. With the help of an old friend that in this life doesnt even know who she is, they go on a hunt for the magical sphere before her new life problems end up killing her.

Last edited:

Octave

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
That actually sounds interesting. oo Can she pick more than one what if, Ally?

And Kidd: D: But it's only 7 PM! And it's the first time I can actually write. (Or am supposed to write. I can't get myself to actually start this WiP now that I've figured it out. =.=)

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
I tried sleeping. :( Brain won't let me sleep!

And that sounds interesting, Ally. :O That would make a cool idea for a book, and it could go in so many different ways.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
At a time? Yes, she learns that later on, which leads her to her grand alternate life that is much worst then she could have ever imagined.

ETA: But i have 10 other books i would have to write before this one. So this will be placed on the back burner for a LONG time. Or maybe i'll save it for NaNo... if i do it again this year...

OK Night everyone... I got a concert to go to in 12 hours.

Last edited:

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
So... I'm getting the feeling I should just give up on my WIP. It's not Ally's fault, but if I've got so much wrong with it, then... ugh I don't know. I'm just not good with criticism before I've even finished the damned thing. That's not to say I'm not grateful, because I am. I just... I'm not going to change anything until I've finished... but at the same time, with all the things that need changing, I want to go back and change it NOW. You know what I mean?
If it's a crap story, someone just say so?! lol I can deal. I'll just... pop out another irrelevant, going nowhere, so many mistakes I don't know where to start, idea. *don't mind me, I'm ill, and feeling kinda sorry for myself in general*

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, on the subject of boys who are jerks, my ex and I were set up by a girl who was one of my close friends, (though she can be a bit of a jerk tooo :tongue ) and the main reason I dumped him was that he was giving her a play by play of every single one of our dates, phone calls, text messages...

Status
Not open for further replies.