Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I'm writing up YA notes. Also rereading The Betrayal Knows My Name manga. Finally realized why it's both great stuff and leaving me unsatisfied. Great stuff for the story arc, humor, hot babe factor, angst. Unsatisfying because in the end it's still a comic book and cannot go to the extremes the plot and my desires both call for.

Yes, I'm taking notes. :D

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pheonix, it's not very well organized--very conversational in style--but interesting to see how many superstitions from back then (he mentions "back in 1899, when I first met so-and-so") are still around in the form of idioms and traditions now. I grew up with a ton of them in Texas, and am sort of delighted to find the original context, or the other half of abbreviated sayings I've heard all my life.

Vespertilion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And what did we learn tonight?

DON'T PISS OFF THE BITCHES.

:D

Vespertilion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maryland and Maine are wicked awesome. The citizenry voted for marriage equality, and I may be doing a little dance for basic human decency.

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
i got all news via twitter tonight!

looks like all the raises in taxes for
education in cali might not pass. =(
perhaps still early yet...

i know it's karma for what happened
with bush and gore, but i'd be happier
if obama had the popular vote as well.

it's sad who divided our country is.
*how

see what i do?

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
It's a happy night for a progressive, with the exception of a couple of the California initiatives. But, if Prop. 30 passed, I think we've avoided disaster and can continue with the hard work to get back on track.

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
Xiao, as of 1 AM Prop 30 is ahead. Fingers crossed. I am sad about 34 and 37, but if 30 passes and 32 goes down, we're still good. We just have work to do.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score

This. :D

My Aunt is tearing me a new one on FB because I dared to express an opinion contrary to her own. I see a reprimand from my Dad in my future. :Headbang:

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Public schools already have enough money sent to them - the problem is 1) how many districts manage it, and 2) the administrators using the job for perks and inflated salaries to the detriments of the schools they're supposed to help succeed. My mother taught in LA County for 30 years. You wouldn't believe the stories about what the administration does. So no, higher taxes that's supposed to go to schools won't help. The money will still not go in the classroom.

And that's the last political thing I'm saying.

CheekyWench

O.o
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elysabethwilliams.com
because I live in a southern state and my fb friends are generally rage facing right now...

can I be smug in here for a minute?

smug cheeky is smug. :) <~ smug face

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
And the results are... sleep wins. I can't stay up so late watching the returns and expect to function the next morning. Oh well. T'was mostly a good night. :)

*gives Cheeky plenty of room to smug about*

:heart:

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Mornin' folk!

Feeling rather rejuvenated this morning.

I am determined that today will be a good day.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
*stumbles in*

Mhrrnnnrrrnnnnngg prrrrggzzzzzzz *snk*

Last night was totally worth staying up until 1:30, but dear gods, I am so tired right now. And so proud of my little state, which at 90% precincts reporting has voted for marriage equality by more than a 6 point margin -- the same margin by which we voted it down 3 years ago.

And hey, I have a peppermint mocha latte to cling to.

And this, I am going to cling to this all day. :roll:

Shall run back to catch up now.

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

I am running my mom to the eye doc, and then we're going to lunch. Guess who gets to write while she's in the doctor's office? :)

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Can I just say how cool my little state is? We became the first state in the nation to have an all female DC delegation. Both our senators (1 D, 1 R) and now both our reps (both D) are women. Plus we elected a female governor last night.

Ah... NH. Sometimes you're totally bass-ackward; sometimes you surprise me.

CheekyWench

O.o
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elysabethwilliams.com
Can I just say how cool my little state is? We became the first state in the nation to have an all female DC delegation. Both our senators (1 D, 1 R) and now both our reps (both D) are women. Plus we elected a female governor last night.

That's really cool!!

A little writing squee - I sent a little "hey are you still interested" email to my editor regarding a 3rd Expl0its book and she said "ooooh yeeesss!"

:snoopy:

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
In other election comments... how do we feel about holding Snogfest in either Colorado or Washington? :D

NH is indeed totally awesome. :)

Re: books, I just finished Heart's Blood by Jul!et Mar!ll!er this weekend, and wow. I :heart: Mckinley's retellings of beauty and the beast so much, but I have to say, this one beat them.

Ink and Kellion, I owe you many margaritas for recommending that author. There are so many more books of hers to read I feel like I just won the lottery. *swoon*

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
Morning purgs! Was so happy the election was called so early. I was expecting to be up way later.

Owen school finally open today. Yay. 11 days at home with kids is a long time. Jeremy school still without power, but 1 our of 2 isn't bad.:D Now just hoping the nor'easter isn't too bad and we keep the lights on. Looks like the poor shore points are going to be hit the worst, again.:(

Have a good day, purgies.:D

NIYRAK

Plot Ninja's on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
*pokes head in*

I am texting with daughter on her fear of getting to the bottom of if 'dreamy boy' likes her or if they are 'just friends...' She is being a wuss about it and I am giving her nudges lol. She's going nuts b/c he seems to be on the fence and she wants to KNOW...one way or the other.

*goes back to meddling*

Status
Not open for further replies.