Hi!

Jacob.

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Name's Jacob- I guess you could say I'm a beginning writer since I haven't done any published or "professional" pieces and am still a fair way from mastery over creative writing. However, I've been a very active writer in high-quality written Roleplaying and fan fiction and love to create poetry and write random fiction in my spare time. Writing has always come very naturally to me; when I was in my early teens, I used to edit, proofread, and re-write college and university level papers for family friends and I breezed through college writing courses with highest marks.

I love writing accents (Scottish, anyone?), archaic English, legal language and generally all sorts of styles that exist within the English language. As far as writing personal fiction goes, I have a tendency to create hugish fantasy/steampunk series with sprawling plots and multiple characters in my head and then never actually get around to writing anything. :p
One aspect of writing that I'm still struggling with is short stories- I love reading them, but I'm still trying to get a grip on building a condensed and meaningful plot in a small writing window.

My favorite authors include Brian Jacques (Redwall), Tolkien (duh), J.K Rowling (ditto), Jules Verne, Howard Pyle, Rick Riordan (Percy Jackson series), and Allison Croggon (Pellinor).

Favorite movies/tv shows include The Legend of Korra, The Matrix, How To Train Your Dragon (1 & 2), Sherlock Holmes, LOTR/The Hobbit, and all of Hayao Miyazaki's (Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke) and Akira Kurosawa's (Seven Samurai, Hidden Fortress) movies.

Along with writing, my passions include traditional kung fu and martial arts and organic farming.

Looking forward to get some writing done here!

HeavyAirship

Aboard my phaneron.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, sir.

I don't know how anyone can like legal language but I suppose it comes in handy.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

lilmerlin

We are many - and get along fine!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gruy.biz
Welcome Jacob! Wow - you seem to be leading an interesting life - and the voices inside your head appear to be a great bunch as well!

JJsmiles

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome from another Newbie. :) I started in the world of Fan Fiction also. It is fun.
JJ