Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Sheila!

What about that popcorn with caramel or chocolate, Dele?

It's all good either way.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Congrats on the 1k.

9:29.

Ready to start writing.

Here's hoping it don't suck.

As to why we're doing this? Someone started it. Now no one wants to be the one to stop.

9:30.

Oops.

9:31.

Gotta stop putting the off.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"I can fix a bad page, but I can't fix a blank one." -- Nora Roberts

There's your quote for the day, Vince.

Say thank you. ;)

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Popcorn with chocolate is awesome. Almost as good as Popcorn tossed with sour cream and onion potato chips.

As I said before:

Ewwww.

Just ewwww.

I barely put butter on popcorn when I make it. But, then, I don't like chocolate in general, so that shouldn't be much of a surprise.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Votes for onion chips, and then chocolate.

Although I like plain yogurt and ketchup together as condiments - so don't go by me.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And I just confirmed my Peke has night-blindness. Now to figure out what to do about it so I don't have to tote around the mega-watt flashlight every time he has to do his business at night.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
And I just confirmed my Peke has night-blindness. Now to figure out what to do about it so I don't have to tote around the mega-watt flashlight every time he has to do his business at night.

You could get one of those little key-fob lights and clip it to his collar so he can see what is in front of him... That or one of those hiker-head-strap-lights, fitted to him...

*just a suggestion.

Not sure how blind he is.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You could get one of those little key-fob lights and clip it to his collar so he can see what is in front of him... That or one of those hiker-head-strap-lights, fitted to him...

*just a suggestion.

Not sure how blind he is.

We have a double-yard with lots of trees and there's only one street light that actually shines into the far corner of the yard from the house. As soon as I let him out, he races to that area, does his business, and then wanders a bit and sits down at the edge of the circle. He doesn't do this in daylight, but races around the entire yard and comes in when called.

Unfortunately, the porch light has been dead for years (as in, expensive electrical wiring dead, not light-bulb dead), so there's no light to come back to the house for him. Normally, I'll go out and guide him in, but tonight I grabbed the mega-watt flashlight (y'know, the kind that can signal planes if you're stranded in the Grand Canyon?) and played it on the ground just before him and guided him in that way instead of going out in the rain. It worked really well.

I'm not sure about clipping something to his collar, since he's a Pekingese and his coat is LONG. I'd have to play with the length of whatever so it didn't knock into his legs while still being long enough to hang down from his coat. And headbands for him won't work. Him's has no face, so no forehead. It's not practical.

Wish I could talk Housemate into spending the money to fix the porchlight, but I haven't been successful in 4 years so far, so I doubt this is going to convince her. *sigh* I have to leave my bedroom light on all night so I have some kind of "nightlight" when I come home in the dark as it is. And that light's not bright enough to go much beyond the porch steps, so it doesn't work for Londo.

9:05 ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I knew I couldn't be the only one here with that opinion. :D

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
The indie movie theater I always go to used to serve caramelized popcorn. That was mad good. (I just came back from there, in fact, last show of A Dangerous Method. :))
Popcorn and sour cream, I am kind of skeptical. But sour cream can make the most mundane things tasty, so I will keep an open mind.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
We have a double-yard with lots of trees and there's only one street light that actually shines into the far corner of the yard from the house. ...

Glad the flashlight worked, sorry porch doesn't :(

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
7:01
Got a good start on it. It was coming along, but decided to finish it today.

It's today. I forgot I have to drive the girls to school on Thursday so they can hurl themselves down a slippery mountain, avoiding rocks, trees and cliffs; hopefully not falling and rolling into one of those giant snowballs that takes out a small village at the bottom.

Plus I'm starting to believe that while there doing all of this, they are flirting with boys.

Boys should not be allowed on the same mountain as girls.

At least not my girls.

7:03.

Gottta run.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, peoples!

What kind of fix is needed for the porch light?

I honestly don't know. All I know is that when you flick on the switch, none of the lights (covered porch, all lights recessed) come on. Changing the bulbs didn't fix the problem.

Personally, I suspect that the birds that have been nesting up in the eaves have gotten into something, but that's just my suspicion. Whatever happened, Housemate isn't willing to pay to have the porch ceiling opened up, the work done, and the ceiling repaired, so we live with the dark.

Plus I'm starting to believe that while there doing all of this, they are flirting with boys.

Boys should not be allowed on the same mountain as girls.

At least not my girls.

Y'know, Vince, if you were confident that you raised your girls right, you wouldn't have these fears. Speaking from the experience of a very beautiful daughter who is now 26 and has handled admirers of both genders on her own for her entire life quite deftly.

And if this is a back-handed compliment to how wonderful your girls are, speaking as a daughter who got the same kind of thing, it's seriously not complimentary.

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
I have a bad feeling about today.

I took the wrong short cut to get to the girls school, then got caught in a long line of school busses & other cars waiting to drop off the kids, so mine were a little late. Of course, so were everyone elses.

Then on my way to work, I looked around and couldn't find my cell. It was in the car, because my car links with it and I can make a call without ever touching it. I just press a button on my steering wheel. But I had no idea where it was.

So when I got to work, I had to take 10 minutes for search the car for the phone, which had fallen under the passenger seat.

I hope this isn't an omen to the rest of the day.

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
395369_358017787544367_345923232087156_1478903_1049443983_n.jpg

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I raised them right.

I had no hand in the boys.

Thein lies the rub.

Ah, but a well-raised girl knows exactly what to say, when to laugh or when to use a well-placed knee on those kinds of boys. ;)

True story:

My daughter went to Yale (we lived in Detroit at the time). She and her new roommates decided to go into town for an evening. They were having coffee and her friends decided to do a gang-girl-toity. Girlchild opted out.

A "Townie", about 25-30 took the seat next to her and started flirting. She demurred, not interested. He put his hand on her leg and started sliding it inward. She picked up her fork, looked him straight in the eye and cocked an eyebrow in warning. He didn't believe her.

He did after the fork went into his hand.

Doesn't matter how the boy was raised if the girl was raised right. ;) Especially in controlled situations like your girls are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.