zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
zanzjan I was only just starting to get to know you when the health dept closed the last pub down, but you're welcome to join our welcome back hug :e2grouphu

Awww, thanks! :)

Bacon swizzle sticks? Eh? *puts one in chocolate milkshake*

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes. Bacon swizzle sticks. I claim credit for inventing them, as a matter of fact.

They are awesome in a Baileys. Just to give that little hint of baconness.

:D

V.J. Allison

Sunny with a Side of Evilness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vjallison.com
Coffee... and lots of it please! I've been run over by a goofy cat, almost slipped down the stairs and just about went face first into our muddy driveway today, and it's not even 11 p.m. here yet.....

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*Slides a supersized mug of coffee over to V.J.*

Cream and sugar are on the bar if you need them.

Run over by a goofy cat, you say? Sounds nearly felinious. Maybe you need to call the local Scat Team?

Those were the worst puns I've uttered in a long time. Don't even bother to groan.

V.J. Allison

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vjallison.com
Thanks Kylabelle. *dumps a lot of sugar and cream into the coffee*

Yeah, Amber has been in one of her moods. Until about an hour ago, I couldn't move without her meowing at me or trying to kill me. I think she wanted to sleep on my lap and it's hard for her to do that while I'm at the computer working. She claimed Hubby's lap so she's quiet right now.

I like puns. My brother is a fan of them too, and there wasn't a day that went by in my teens that he wasn't hitting me with them. :D The day was almost a catastrophe because she almost made me spill my coffee earlier....

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh. Sounds like a near cat-astrophe.

Amber, eh? Wonder what's going on there? She sounds very determined about something.

Anyway, glad you survived relatively unscathed.

BMajor

Probably judging you.
Registered
Reaction score
Oh dear VJ. Hope you're ok! :p

Cats always find their way RIGHT in front of you. When you're walking. Near stairs. WHY?!

Hi Rinji! Good to see you again :) I'm starting on a short story today since I'm stuck on a plot with my MG WIP. I think I need to just keep writing, even if it's not my main WIP..

V.J. Allison

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vjallison.com
Amber is just a sassy and silly kitty. She's been living with us for almost four years and ever since the other cats passed away (of old age), she's been alone here and has turned into quite a talker and a goofy furball.

Hey, BMajor... I'd like to know all of that too. I lost count of how many times Amber has tried to trip me up, either downstairs or on the stairs the last few weeks. She also dive bombs me. My computer is in a cubby hole across from the bottom of the stairs, and she'll zoom up them about halfway and make a leap for my head! Seeing this 15 pound orange and black striped kitty flying for your head is disconcerting, and scary!

She learned that trick from our old cat Birdie, who was still doing that at 20 years old and who passed away about 2 months after we adopted Amber and two other kitties. Yeah, seriously. I had a 20 year old, 5 pound cat dive bombing me on a daily basis at one point!

Sheena.Wyrd

Registered
Reaction score
*tackle hugs Nekko*
I learned from the best!

Hello to VJ, Sheena, Helen! Care for a drink? I'm not tending bar but.. I know how to pour some things into glasses :p If you guys are willing to test whatever results from that.. well I'll just leave it at that..

Hi BMajor. Hope all is good on your side of the screen.

I'm always up for an adventure so go right ahead. I promise to make funny faces if it tastes weird.

My second order is gonna be an industrial size Slush Puppie coz I'm melting over here.

Sheena.Wyrd

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all. Sorry I have not been around lately. School started up and I have been really busy with school so I won't be on much. I haven't even had time to write any of my WIP. :( Makes me sad.

Hi Rinji. You have my sympathies.

I know how you feel. My leave's up and I'm due back at work on Monday. :cry:

:hi: to everyone else!

Last edited:

Nekko

Back to purring
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gericopitch.com
*skips into pub*

'Morning all! Beautiful day here. Already nearly 70 (it's almost 10am here) and sunny. Of course, it should be raining,(and 50) this being our rainy season, but who needs drinking water when you have gin?!

*pours a cup of coffee*
*sits back in a booth facing the door*

SunshineonMe

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning! Welcome VJ-- it's a foggy morning here. Brrrrr I think I need a fire going. First, more coffee. (still mad about that bacon swizzle stick)

Sheena.Wyrd

Registered
Reaction score
'Lo Nekko & Sunshine.

I wish we had more fog over here and less mosquitoes. Awful mini vamps. Grrr.

Sheena.Wyrd

Registered
Reaction score
Ditto on the mosquito hating. Hmm, that might be the one upside to our drought....

Drought :Ssh: Thats not good. Hope rain falls soon.

I live about a kilometer from a river and opposite a hill so the creepy crawlies are too close. Although my war wages on...

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
There, there dear. I'm sure there are plenty of others who love Cadbury eggs.
I'm weird in that I'm not overly fond of creamy tasting things - and I have a tiny sweet tooth. *opens mouth and points to tiny tooth*
I have a very sweet tooth. Totally love the crème eggs, and if no one else has any, I get to eat them all.
Jed said he is going to experiment with bacon wrapped Cadbury eggs. I was hoping you'd talk some sense into him, but I see that's not to be expected after all.

I had sage and onion stuffing wrapped in bacon today. It seems Morrison's supermarket is good for something. They were really nice. Me wants more.
Helen St. James isn't there, not in any perceptible way. A woman of her size - she's willing to admit she could lose a few pounds, but darn it, she likes how she looks - usually has no way of sneaking about, but one minute Helen is not there, and the next she is. She takes a seat at the bar and waves down the bartender.

"Hey there, sugar," she says. "Javameister, please and thank you. And a couple of those famous creme eggs."
:hi: Hi, Helen, Javemeister and crème eggs coming up.
I will definitely talk to Jed about that. I asked him for some Baileys-dipped, bacon-wrapped Cadbury eggs.
I may have had to test them before they reached you. I'll grab some more.
Sadly, 2014 and I were off to a feuding start.

*Hoards the yummy Cadbury eggs*

It's getting better though. :)
Hi Sheena. :hi: Glad things are looking up. Crème eggs will do that. It's why they're so good.
Now, no need to hoard. Whatever we have in the Pub, there is an infinite supply. Somewhere, in one of the sub-basements, there will be a Cadbury egg confectionary, staffed by nimble-fingered gnomes and sugar-beasties. They will not let us run out!
I had them stock the sub-basement with a five-year supply. It may last two weeks. I'll order more.

Nice, new, shiny pub...new jukebox, too...
*slips in a quarter*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENXvZ9YRjbo

Okay, I know it's a weekday, but I'll take a boilermaker to celebrate the grand opening...
Hi Nadja, good to see you. One boilermaker coming up, plus one spare, just in case.
:TheWave:
Been pretty well. I've missed this space. Been busy with domestic duties and my WIP. Only wrote 600 words today and nothing yesterday,
Hey, 600 words is still 600 words. It's all good. And more than I've been able to do. So, great job, and keep going.
"Cadbury Creme Eggs". *snicker* *snicker*
What's so funny? :Shrug:
It always makes me nervous when mods start snickering...
Makes me think I spelt something wrong.
I've missed this place!
Hello all! I'll have a whiskey sour please. More of the whiskey.. less of the sour..

*Starts to rack the pool table*

Anyone for a game?? I'm horrible.. just a fair warning..
I'll have a game. I'm not too good, though. Out of practice. Used to play it a lot when I was a teen.
Hello all. Sorry I have not been around lately. School started up and I have been really busy with school so I won't be on much. I haven't even had time to write any of my WIP. :( Makes me sad.
Hi, Rinji, glad you popped in. We're always good for a drink or three to get you going for school again.
*tugged into thread by promise of creme eggs*

BMajor has it right - whiskey sour please. :D

How ya'll doing?
Ah, someone else who likes the special eggs. Left a few on the bar for you, along with a whiskey sour.

SunshineonMe

Registered
Reaction score
I like Cadbury eggs too. My family thinks it's the funniest thing ever when they see me rush over to the discounted cart after Easter is over, and look for the eggs.

They also think I'm weird- lol

Sheena.Wyrd

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks!

Best of luck in your war with the varmints! :guns:

Thanks. It is a battle. Nay. A war! My minions amass daily. Muhahahahah(tiny cough)ha

I have a very sweet tooth. Totally love the crème eggs, and if no one else has any, I get to eat them all.

Hi Sheena. :hi: Glad things are looking up. Crème eggs will do that. It's why they're so good.

I'm addicted to all things yummy. Its a chore to feast on all those usually unhealthy but oh-so-darn-delicious foods, but someone has to do it. ;)

Sheena.Wyrd

Registered
Reaction score
I like Cadbury eggs too. My family thinks it's the funniest thing ever when they see me rush over to the discounted cart after Easter is over, and look for the eggs.

Being weird is a good thing. Think how boring ordinary is.

I have a hard time with my brother and Cadbury eggs or chocolate. I have to hide them from him and at the same time try to raid his stash before he notices I found it. :Shrug: Tough days.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score

They are three for a pound at certain supermarkets here at the moment. Very hard to resist that.

SunshineonMe

Registered
Reaction score
Being weird is a good thing. Think how boring ordinary is.

I have a hard time with my brother and Cadbury eggs or chocolate. I have to hide them from him and at the same time try to raid his stash before he notices I found it. :Shrug: Tough days.

LOL!!!!!! I love it

They are three for a pound at certain supermarkets here at the moment. Very hard to resist that.

They are especially good frozen.... mmmmmm

Sheena.Wyrd

Registered
Reaction score
Alright guys, its 01:30 am here and I'm off to dreamland. Take care and I'll pop in later for those creme egg specials.

:sleepy:

Nadja V.

late bloomer
Registered
Reaction score

Hi Jed. I like what you've done with the new place, although Lurosa and I are still petitioning for a mosh pit.

I've no sweet-tooth myself. I've a wine-tooth. And sometimes a beer and Irish whiskey-tooth. I can skip the sweets, but bygosh, it's awfully tough to forego the wine...

Been checking out your tweets, Jed...and your blog. You're so fun, and I can hear your lovely Brit accent in my head when I read your blog. Spent 6 months in Bristol when...well, when you were quite likely just a tot. Just say, "Cadbury Creme Egg" for me...

700+ words today. Started reading Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere and I just want to beat my head against some solid surface. Oh, he's so good...

How are you, luv?

Status
Not open for further replies.