Excuse my ignorance, please

Subburao44

Registered
Reaction score
I am a new member here in this forum. In fact, I registered my name in the site, yesterday. It is my second day for this site. I am a passionate freelance writer with lots of reading background and flair for writing. To tell you all the bare truth, I do not know how to use this forum. If any one out there happens to read this thread, please guide me how I can get started with my writing. Also, fill me with the procedure from starting to the end i.e.uploading it on this site. They can also reach me at

If my expectations do not go awry, this site seems to be the right site for all those writers who wish to write for the sake of quenching their passion. Hopefully, I wish to gain a great deal, academically and financially.

regards,
V.K.Rao

Last edited by a moderator:

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I am a new member here in this forum. In fact, I registered my name in the site, yesterday. It is my second day for this site. I am a passionate freelance writer with lots of reading background and flair for writing. To tell you all the bare truth, I do not know how to use this forum. If any one out there happens to read this thread, please guide me how I can get started with my writing. Also, fill me with the procedure from starting to the end i.e.uploading it on this site. They can also reach me at '....

If my expectations do not go awry, this site seems to be the right site for all those writers who wish to write for the sake of quenching their passion. Hopefully, I wish to gain a great deal, academically and financially.

regards,
V.K.Rao

First, you probably want to take your personal email off a public forum. Second, you probably want to read the FAQ, located in the blue bar on the top there.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

V.K. I removed your e-mail address to avoid it being hit by spammers.
If you are looking for freelance work we have a Paying Markets Forum you can search and a Freelance Forum that may be of help.

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Subburao, I'm happy to welcome you, too.

The links in regdog's post (the underlined words) for the Newbie Guide and its many stickies (threads which remain "stuck" to the top of the board) will help newcomers use the site. The FAQ (frequently asked questions) about posting photos and the FAQs about the site in general will help you a lot in using the site to your best benefit and, we hope, to your becoming a part of this writing community.

Maryn, glad to meet you

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Subburao,

I haven't been here that long myself, but I LOVE this place. What worked for me was going to Office Party and the Prompts and Whimsical Pursuits forums and playing some of the silly games.

I'd also suggest going to SYW and checking out critiques. You can't post anything there yet, but you can certainly give feedback on whether or not a given piece is working for you. And looking at the other comments can give you an idea of what you'd like to do with future critiques.

I read a LOT of stickies. Good stuff there.

I'd also suggest going to the general interest forums on writing and paging through discussions there. Gives you a feel for the community.

Hope this helps. Welcome.

lilmerlin

We are many - and get along fine!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gruy.biz
Hello and welcome! I'm afraid I can't give you any advice - yet - as I am absolutely new myself, but there are many helpful souls which seem to be guiding us around - or directing ;)