The Old Farts Bar, Grill and Infirmary

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeBear

Thick-skinned, but I shoot back.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Conciseness is the mother of spare time which is when you say things you might not oughta of that might get you in trouble with burning frogs and bushes and stuff though to be fair those some things might happen if the wheel sort of stops with your slot at the top on one of those usual days when there are multiple targets on the danged radar or something and maybe someone has not her grits and coffee or whatever lights her fire for the frogs in the morning or something so I try to be very completely concise and try not to to ever get her attention right out front even if my chance will come somehow anyway because
And very successfully!

Took the words right out of my mouth, Porter.
There might be room in there for your teeth now.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*Wondering whose turn it is to decorate the Bar & Grill for Christmas this year*

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*Wondering whose turn it is to decorate the Bar & Grill for Christmas this year*
icon5.gif

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Who celebrates Christmas, anyway? :chair

How 'bout the well-founded, documented, unquestioned Native American holiday of New Year's Eve, celebrated on June 23, until Columbus changed it to January 1 because?

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Which leaves aside the little problem of decorations. And I think we're down to Chase or Porter. Unless Del flies in with something. You never know about Del.

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Which leaves aside the little problem of decorations. And I think we're down to Chase or Porter. Unless Del flies in with something. You never know about Del.
No thanks. This close to the ocean, I've seen some things decorated by gulls.
icon10.gif

andreea

Yeeeesss??
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm....We're either talking about the missing posts or about the Christmas decarations, though no one can be sure around these parts.
:tongue

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gail's, Mike's, and andreea's successive avies above, all cats, reminded me of a story from fifteen years ago. We adopted an eight-week-old, black, male kitten from the local humane society. His claws seemed a little odd, appearing from his toes closer to their tops than most cats, rather like a bear cub.

So, we named him Kuma, Japanese for "bear." My wife told the people at her office about the kitten and his name. One woman looked at my wife with amazement and asked, "Why would you give him a foreign name? He'll never recognize his name, he's an American cat!"

We both have heard the wisdom that has come out of her mouth over the years, and I assure you that she was serious.

That didn't surprise me or bother me. What bothered me is that she is qualified to vote and even to pass her thought processes on to following generations.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And I think we're down to Chase or Porter.

Surely not that far down?

However, with full respect of other elders here celebrating Hannukkah/Chanukkah, Festivus, December 25, 2012, of the Mayan calendar (of course those may be no-shows), I would deem it an honor to help deck the halls of our bar, grill, and infirmary with boughs of holly.

I'm 100% in favor of Christmas with all the trimmings.

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
she's in Congress, is she not?
She's either over-qualified or under-qualified to be in Conress. Who knows which? But, certainly she's equal to Todd Akin, Richard Mourdock, and Paul Broun, all geniuses in their own minds, so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.