Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Slow thread today!

Hi, guys!

I think I'm out of a writing funk. Forgot that that sometimes happens if there's something wrong with my MS that I need to figure out before I can make ANY progress. Turns out, there actually was something wrong. Got it all figured out and now 'tis time too see if I can WRITE!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I do miss my laptop.

ETA: I'm going to bed. To be honest, I think I'm going to wait until I finish my short story before I do anything else, writing wise.

Last edited:

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Just watched the pilot of FiP. Damn, I love this show- I hate when people judge me for it. I'm like, "THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS ON TV, DAMN YOU"

Gonna watch some Press Gang now! Or try to, at least.

Last edited:

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
less then 12 hours and i present my thesis infront of the whole chem department!

This is going to be a long night of memorization, Java Monsters, cold medicine and a shit ton of Sugar!!!

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Warning to those who haven't seen tonight's TVD yet: get out your tissues. These were Reichenbach-level tears.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to need more then luck i'm going to need a miracle. I go second and I was placed right after the smartest and best presenting girl in the class. And after me is the second best in the class...

So its going to be MIND BLOWING PRESENTATION, Ally, and MIND BLOWING PRESENTATION.

So what did i do? I added in a few jokes, because I'm not going to stun them with my crappy ass topic at least i can make them laugh.

ETA: Would you laugh at this (or at least giggle?) "So what exactly is antimatter? Plain and simple its the opposite of matter. So the dark side of the force."

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
I like it, Ally! Definitely giggled to myself :) And I'm sure yours is a MIND-BLOWING PRESENTATION TOOOOO! Have more faith in yourself!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
besides my humor and awesome pictures on my slides, its not that mind blowing. Trust me. I got to do a library research, not an actual experiment so i'm already at a disadvantage.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
TWO HOURS TILL I PRESENT!!! My nerves are relitively calm considering, although i have a feeling when 8am rolls around they will be through the roof. So many big words jumbling around in my head... i still dont think i'm going to get them all right... Oh well guess that's what note cards are for right?

When this nightmare from hell is over, I'm sleeping till Sunday morning!!!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys.

GOOD LUCK ALLY.

So, I figured out what my motivation is going to be to finish my short story today... INVINCIBLE.

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
Ally - Yayyyy! Can't wait til you get back and tell us how it went!

Cool, Lisa!

My motivation to finish TWH and get it query-ready by the end of the year is being able to watch my all-time fave Chicago sports team (THE BULLS!) LIVE next season :D I still have yet to watch a live home game, and I TOTALLY HAVE TO!!!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I KNOW.

So I was flirting with a guy from uni over Facebook Chat. It was fun. :D

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Hi everyone! :) How goes it? I just went to the eye doctor to have him check out my contacts because I put the one contact in my eye and my vision got all blurry, so we thought there was something wrong with my contact. Turns out I just put it in the wrong eye...derp.

See, my eyes have two totally different prescriptions. My one eye is near sighted with astigmatism, and my other eye is far sighted without astigmatism. I got my two contact prescriptions mixed up. But what I don't get is if I got them mixed up, why both of my eyes didn't go screwy. o_O;

Life's mysteries!