Avengers: Age of Ultron

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
The Pinocchio voice over is great, but they need to digitize Spader's voice a bit. He sounds too much like himself, and not enough like a machine.

Faye-M

Registered
Reaction score
I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE RIGHT NOW!

How much longer can they keep up the trend of every Avengers movie being better than the last? Not that I'm complaining...

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
So that I don't get nerd-rage when someone else does it....

"MEH... blah blah complain. Explosions. Blah blah blah... it was okay at best."

(Now that I ruined it for the one person who comes here to talk about how "meh" it was, I can post normally)....

Weeeeeee!!!!!!!

LOVES IT!

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
Ahhhhh!!! So excited!

So did Iron Man get bigger or is that The Hulk in an Iron Man suit??

And I looooove Spader's voice. :)

HeavilyMedicated

Registered
Reaction score
I wasn't interested until the rumor I heard earlier today that Serkis is playing Ulysses Klaw. Because that could mean Black Panther will be in it. And I love Black Panther.

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
PLEASE do more with Black Widow. There've been flashes of a sarcastic humor to her that I'd love to see come out.

A_Read

Registered
Reaction score
How am I supposed to wait until May!?!!

Also, is that Thor without his shirt? Oh please yes...

Only thing I'm still wishing for in this is Tom Hiddleston (sigh) but obviously I understand why he's not in it...

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
I hate first peeks because its just flashes of images without context. Except for the main 5, I have no idea who the others are that were flashed at us. Are they Avengers? Villains? And who is Voltron, anyway?

Wow, you're in the wrong universe :tongue

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
So looking forward to this movie! It seems to be taking on an edgier vibe. Also, I think Spader and Cumberbatch need to do a 'voice-off'. Maybe reading Poe poetry? In any case... CAN'T WAIT!!

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
And who is Voltron, anyway?

Voltron is a mid-80's Japanese cartoon that was sort of a Transformers / Power Rangers hybrid, with a sword.

Ultron is a self-aware AI that Tony creates to take some of the Earth-watching burden off himself and the other Avengers.

If Voltron is in this movie, I think I want to watch it more. :D

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
This must be a trailer for the fans of the comics who understand the characters etc because for folks like me all I saw was misery and yet more fighting in another big city setting like the first one. I found this trailer terribly dull and nothing new or inspiring about it. But all the fans are going nuts over it and I enjoyed the first one. So I guess I have to wait for a trailer that gives a bit more information to us non-fans and hope I too get to get excited about it.

Faye-M

Registered
Reaction score
This must be a trailer for the fans of the comics who understand the characters etc because for folks like me all I saw was misery and yet more fighting in another big city setting like the first one. I found this trailer terribly dull and nothing new or inspiring about it. But all the fans are going nuts over it and I enjoyed the first one. So I guess I have to wait for a trailer that gives a bit more information to us non-fans and hope I too get to get excited about it.

Basically, a machine that Tony Stark made has turned evil and is trying to kill the Avengers and... well, take over the world, heh. A lot of the awesome factor for me came from the Pinocchio song playing eerily in the background while James Spader's voice (the evil machine, Ultron) was monologuing pretty much the same words. AHHHH!!!

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Which is all very cool but I still found the trailer SO dull. I think what also bugged me is that it just felt like we were back at the end of the last movie, everything kind of looks exactly the same aesthetically and I don't get excited by that. I know it's just a first trailer, but I wanted to see something I hadn't seen before, something that really surprised me. All I saw was more of the same.

At any rate, I'm planning on still going to the film and I expect to really enjoy it. But this trailer was pretty meh to me.

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
Which is all very cool but I still found the trailer SO dull. I think what also bugged me is that it just felt like we were back at the end of the last movie, everything kind of looks exactly the same aesthetically and I don't get excited by that. I know it's just a first trailer, but I wanted to see something I hadn't seen before, something that really surprised me. All I saw was more of the same.

At any rate, I'm planning on still going to the film and I expect to really enjoy it. But this trailer was pretty meh to me.

I'm there with you, Toothpaste. I didn't get excited by it. The trailer for the first movie had me moving it to the top of my "must-see" list. This one, like you said, meh.

Judging by all the geeking out the comic fans are doing, though, I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt.