How to Advertize?

EmperorWolf

Registered
Reaction score
I read on this site that some people found work on craigslist. I just have two questions. Is there a specific section on craigslist there one can find writing jobs? How do I make a professional looking post offering my services?

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Look under the Jobs heading for the "writer/editor" section.

If you're looking for occasional work, look under the Gigs heading for the "writing" section.

To advertise your services, post your ad under Services in "write/ed."

(Honestly, you could have found this out easily yourself by simply pulling up your local craigslist.)

Last edited:

EmperorWolf

Registered
Reaction score
I looked around in gigs, pretty much nothing there. I looked for writing, it's pretty much people offering to write stuff for you. So I thought maybe there are some ways to get more results from craigslist. I asked how to write a professional looking ad, I did not ask where or how to post an ad.

WeaselFire

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I asked how to write a professional looking ad, I did not ask where or how to post an ad.
"Professional" and "Craigslist" don't normally go together. :)

Now, if you really want to create a professional ad, you'll need to do some research. First, what's your target market? Second, does that market even look for writers on Craigslist? And third, research copy writing, advertising and editing. Or just hire a Craigslist writer to do it for you.

Jeff

Bicyclefish

Pedaling Pescado
Registered
Reaction score
"Professional" and "Craigslist" don't normally go together. :)
;) I mostly agree, though I do see some reputable big companies use it. However, the majority of creative gigs on Craigslist are low paying, targeting the inexperienced and uninformed, and not worth your time in my humble opinion. Some savvy folk find good jobs, but sorting through all the bad ones makes me tired and jaded.

To do a broader search of Craigslist, Google something like: "writer wanted" site:craigslist.org

As for creating a professional post, there's a lot of online guides and "how to" sites, but there's a two things that'd make me immediately dismiss any "writer for hire" ad:
1) Typos and/or bad grammar
2) Vague or unnamed references and/or awards

Last edited:

dantefrizzoli

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Just look under jobs, there should be different jobs and writing assignments people need help with, and are normally very responsive.