Has WWIII really started? (Is the Ukraine ground zero?)

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
the larger political picture aside, any propaganda (false-flag, official or otherwise) that advocates for persecution of an ethnic group retains its hateful potency and encourages bad acts.

I definitely agree with this. I'm not sure who is responsible or that it matters because no matter who is behind it or the reason, it has the potential for very serious negative consequences.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
ADL's statement

New York, NY, April 17, 2014 …The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) today condemned the appearance of anti-Semitic fliers in Donetsk, Ukraine, and called on all parties involved in the political conflicts in Ukraine to refrain from “cynical and politically manipulative” exploitation of anti-Semitism.

According to Ukrainian media, three armed and masked men handed out fliers the evening of April 15 on the first night of Passover on the letterhead of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic. The fliers instructed Jews to register with the government or face deportation and confiscation of their property.

The leader of the Donetsk People’s Republic, whose name appeared in the document’s signature, has publicly disavowed the flier.

“We are skeptical about the flier’s authenticity, but the instructions clearly recall the Nazi era and have the effect of intimidating the local Jewish community,” said Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director.

“We have seen a series of cynical and politically manipulative uses and accusations of anti-Semitism in Ukraine over the past year,” said Mr. Foxman. “The perpetrators and their targets are opposing politicians and political movements, but the true victims are the Jewish communities. We strongly condemn the anti-Semitic content, but also all attempts to use anti-Semitism for political purposes.”

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I truly don't believe that if we have another war of that magnitude it will be about soldiers fighting on the ground against soldiers. I think we'll see another set of massive attacks on civilian centers, and that terrifies me.

If it makes you feel better, MAD still applies.