AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
So when are we going shopping?

And to be honest, if there're any girls in this thread who want my advice on dressing goth, I'm so available. The goth look and a geek spirit? Be still my heart!

*unloads a bucket of black nail polish, red everything, a dash of purple, medieval skirts and coffin handbags from his imaginary car*

Everything is 50c.

I like your style! Do you have any punky pink/purple/black tartan in there?

KitCat

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I probably should've mentioned that I don't have much experience doing makeup for people BEFORE I pulled out the fatalistic eyeshadow, huh? :tongue

Nails I'm good at. Near your eyes? Better not blink... ;)

hehe that's okay, rarely wear eyemakeup, but my nails? Always nice to have them purty for killing online baddies and raiding for hours on end :2angel:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I like your style! Do you have any punky pink/purple/black tartan in there?

Let's see... No tartan, I'm afraid, but can I interest you in black silk with vibrant pink lace and dark purple decorative stitching? It's great for making a statement on stage. ;)

hehe that's okay, rarely wear eyemakeup, but my nails? Always nice to have them purty for killing online baddies and raiding for hours on end :2angel:

I'm thinking black nails, a red/purple pentagram (colour of your choice) on each nail, and a layer of clear varnish... That's for your fingernails. For your toenails? Possibly electric pink with black letters (words of your choice).

I may need a magnifying glass and a tiny paintbrush for the pinky toe...

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Let's see... No tartan, I'm afraid, but can I interest you in black silk with vibrant pink lace and dark purple decorative stitching? It's great for making a statement on stage. ;)

I'm thinking black nails, a red/purple pentagram (colour of your choice) on each nail, and a layer of clear varnish... That's for your fingernails. For your toenails? Possibly electric pink with black letters (words of your choice).

Have you seen those special pens you can use to draw designs on your nails? Might have to try those out!

KitCat

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score

:eek::Hail: Both ideas = More Awesomez!

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Doooo eeeet! :D Do you know the band Nightwish? I LOVE their style. Their old singer, Tarja, was absolutely stunning. She wore these long coats with bell sleeves that looked like they were made just for her.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
OMG, I recently bought 2 Nightwish CDs and have been listening to the songs off those pretty often. ("Once" and "Imaginaerum".) And as it happens, I bought Tarja's CD before finding Nightwish. What was it called again? ... "What Lies Beneath".

Yup, they have awesome style, physically and musically. :)

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
The Tarja CD I have is called My Winter Storm. The whole CD is good! Its hard to say that about so many that come out, even if you really like the artist. Have you heard Nightwish's song Nemo? I had that on repeat for hours the other night. There's another one that Marco sings the lead on called While Your Lips Are Still Red. YouTube it, you won't be sorry.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I think all kinds of people will post here no matter what.

For instance, I'm not exactly a geek chick (at least I don't think I am), but I'm posting in here anyways!

SHUNN THE NON BELIEVER!!! AND TAKE HER MAPLE BARS!!! :)

J/K.

So when are we going shopping?

And to be honest, if there're any girls in this thread who want my advice on dressing goth, I'm so available. The goth look and a geek spirit? Be still my heart!

*unloads a bucket of black nail polish, red everything, a dash of purple, medieval skirts and coffin handbags from his imaginary car*

Everything is 50c.

I HAVE $5!!! WHAT DO I GET?! OMG!!

oops... capslock. Sorry.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder what it is about this thread that is attracting the guys? ;)

*throws a bone shaped pillow at Haggis*
Must be all the hawt nerdy ladies :D

This thread title bothers me a little. The tone of the discussion is cool, but the heading makes it sound like an exclusive party where one sex is preferred over another.
The title is more of a joke than anything else, but the point of the thread was kinda to unite girls/ladies/women who are geeks/nerds in a show of solidarity. (On a serious note, the nerdy industry is often male-dominated and perceived as being 'only for men', so this is kinda a fight back)

But it's not like we can stop guys letting themselves in *glares at Cray and Haggis*

*throws glitter at the boys* :D

Gah! How could we have forgotten Joss Whedon? Did anyone else like Dollhouse? I really wish it would have gone beyond 2 seasons.
I loved Dollhouse! I was so sad it ended so soon! :(

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well ladies, it's very late here and I'm off to bed. Thank you for the <burp> ice cream and popcorn and whatever those things in that bowl were.

<Yawn> Night all!

*Doesn't have the heart to tell her they were chocolate-covered spiders.* ;)

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
*fills out report*

*heads back to hq to brief the men.*

:gone:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm late to the party but I brought Transformers :D

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can they transform into chocolate or coffee?