• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

seeking beta reader/critique partner YA historical romance

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Read

Registered
Reaction score
I'm new here, and this is my first post (slightly nervous), but I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in beta reading/critiquing my MS. I'm looking for someone who might be in a similar stage to me (completed ms, but know deep down it could be better, just not 100% sure how). I'd be really happy to trade chapters.

Or, if you just want to read it over and let me know what you think, I'm excited to take any feedback I can get! :)

So, we are talking about a 93k-word ms, set in WWII-era eastern Europe. It's YA romance with a touch of inspirational: A 14-year-old girl witnesses her sister's death and learns a secret. What she does with that secret changes her whole life, especially her opinion of a certain young man...

I'm happy for any and all advice, but mostly looking for specific tips on how to make this better (as opposed to publishing tips...not there yet).

Tell me the truth, but please don't be harsh without being constructive. You can say it sucks, but please offer some idea of why and perhaps something I could do to fix it. Any sort of analysis of what you liked or didn't and why would be really helpful.

This is my first ms, thanks in advance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.