• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking a feedback swap-partner for YA fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mallory

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm seeking a swap-partner for my YA fantasy. Basic plot: My MC is 16, has a crappy home life, runs away, and while on the run, experiences some gradually increasing eerie occurrences before discovering that an alternate dimension exists. She goes there, has some trippy/creepy fantasy adventures, etc. and the main subtle take away message is that you can't let bad circumstances stop you from following your dreams.

I'm trying to write at least 1,000 a day or so, and do exchanges once or twice a week. I'm looking for accountability (having to write more productively so I'll have more to show each week), general feedback, and perhaps some idea-bouncing when I get stuck. I can give the same - pretty much any type of feedback except for line-by-line detail edits the whole way.

Anyone on the same vibe?

tom1172821

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Mallory, that sounds surprisingly similar to my piece, a novella of 35,000 words about a boy who, during a mental breakdown, is transported on a psychedelic sci-fi adventure. The theme is based around "overcoming the values and behaviours that are imposed on us as a result of the education system", and the title is "The One That Survived Highschool.

I'd be well up for a trade of feedback, and would be willing to give (to an extent) a line by line feedback (without expecting the same from you).

Note: My piece has undergone 1 full draft since finish.

Tsiamon

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Mallory --

Your MS looks like something I could get into, and I'm also looking for some motivation to keep me writing through the cold and miserable months.

Here's a summary of the MS I'm trying to clean up over the winter: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299045

If it's something you might be interested in, let me know. Maybe we could work out a swap schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.