• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking beta reader/swap for NA Speculative Fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.S. Wiggins

"The Moving Finger writes..."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I’m looking for a beta reader who’s interested in reading speculative fiction (the ms is married to Science Fiction, sighs at Dystopian, flirts shamelessly with Magical Realism, and carries on an unapologetic affair with Alternate History). At this time, I’m available for a swap of similar genre. I’m NOT looking for a line-by-line edit. What I need most is general feedback. Critiques that are doled out in response to a ms during line-by-lines are (potentially) things I can’t alter without changing the trajectory of the story. Therefore, I’m looking for someone who can tell me how they feel about the story as a whole as opposed to analyzing every line.

For those who need disclaimers: mild language, some sexual content.

Quick and simple blurb for Gamma:
Gamma follows Alec Ellison, a young man on a glorified petri dish of an island that focuses on the breeding of specific genes, while he fights to maintain his morality and protect those closest to him.

I while back, I posted in the describe your work in one sentence thread. I believe it went, 'Boy steals girl's identity and butterfly effects his own death.'

Please, send me a PM for further information...and thank you.

Last edited:

Buffysquirrel

Registered
Reaction score
It might help to attract interest if you put the first few pages up in SYW :).

Status
Not open for further replies.