The Fangster Summer of Doom--now with more pancake! (Volume II)

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, Maxi's home and needs a new diet. He also needs meds twice a day, but there's not much left in the bottles. He's scratching at the satellite dish...collar and mewing pitifully to have it removed, but it needs to stay on for the rest of the week.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Glad Maxi is back home. Hugs for the kitteh. Now you get to go to RT and Peter gets to give him meds, right?

BenPanced

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, but the meds can be mixed in with the gooshy foodz, so I don't have to buy any extra bandages before I leave. If Maxi needed to be pilled or there were any other special instructions or if I were living alone, I would have canceled going to RTCon but the aftercare's pretty easy.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Awww, poor Maxi. You're a good cat dad.

First day of pre-con done. Whew! My brain is ready to explode with all the information. Jade Lee did her sex scene demo with the teddy bear and purple monkey -- hilarious! Bobbi Smith had us do an impromptu writing exercise: 30 minutes to write the first few paragraphs on a story topic of her choice. She will judge them and let us know the results in the morning. My Alphasmart got a workout from all the note-taking. I might take it easy tonight so I'll be ready for the craziness tomorrow. :e2thud:

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yay for awesome days and gushy food that hides meds. :)

I wrote 3000 words today. A small victory and probably all crap, but I wrote them and they are mine! Hah!

BenPanced

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Supershuttle didn't show up where they were supposed to, even though I left explicit directions on how to reach my unit from the street. So it's my fault I never showed up, even though I was waiting where I told them I would be. F*ckers. I canceled the leg home and I'll take the risk of a "regular" taxi. Right now, I'm at Burger King at the airport, thinking it might be close to the time I need to get to my concourse for boarding in about 90 minutes.

Blech. I've been drinking diet pop for nigh on three years now. When does it start to taste and feel "normal"?

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
If it's diet cola, I find a slice of lemon squeezed into it makes it taste better. Not normal, but at least drinkable. I despise all things diet, but since I also despise being pudgy... **le sigh**

My husband swears the "Zero" sodas taste normal. But I think his taste buds are warped because they all taste just as bad as diet to me.

BenPanced

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I try to get the "Zero" stuff, as well. I'm also starting to add lemon to the Coke Zero at work; they have lemon wedges for tea in the refrigerator but I figure as long as I'm paying for the fountain Coke, I can have some of the lemon, too.

And I said hello to a Bubastes-shaped blur about 15 minutes ago. She had a few minutes during her class and stepped out to pick up her registration. Also ran into thinker42.

And I'm just now changing into the black Utilikilt.

BenPanced

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And somebody in the elevator asked me what I've written, since I'm wearing my name badge with "Published Author" along the bottom. I don't know if she's attending RT (there are at least two other conferences going right now) but I had five seconds to smile politely, mention what I've written, and tell her Kitchen Witch is coming out in May. Booyah.

RT 2013: Kansas City, May 1 - 5.

Last edited:

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Woo hoo! Sell those books Andy and rawk that Utilikit!

We need picshurs.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The elevators here are a bit weird because there are four of them arranged in a square, all facing each other...

Did they remind of a "dream within a dream"? (That was my lame attempt at RTCcon/Inception humor.) :D

:hooray: Fangsters do Chicago! Have fun you two. I want to see pictures.

Me too! We demand pics!

Well, Maxi's home and needs a new diet. He also needs meds twice a day, but there's not much left in the bottles. He's scratching at the satellite dish...collar and mewing pitifully to have it removed, but it needs to stay on for the rest of the week.

Awe, poor Maxi. Hope he'll feel better soon.

BenPanced

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The elevators here are a bit weird because there are four of them arranged in a square, all facing each other, but with glass all around so you can see the lobby and the bar and restaurant as you descend.
I'm over in the Executive Wing, which is a trip and a half: my room number is 2320 but I'm on the third floor.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
I'll keep an eye out for you and your Utilikilt!

I have romance trading cards in my badge holder so I can give them to people if they ask what I've written. Woot! Let's sell lots of books for Team Musa!

BenPanced

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ran into...a male person...okay...he was a dick...who thought he was being funny when he looked at me and said, "Woah. I saw the earrings and the skirt, but then I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw the beard." The woman behind me in the elevator said with a bit of a pained tone, "It's called a kilt. They wear them in Scotland." My friend Scot, who could see her, said she looked embarrassed enough for all of us.

Anyway, if you ever get a chance to talk to that Grace Wen chick, do so. It was really nice to spend a few minutes this morning chatting with her, and we even exchanged autographed trading cards (HOW COOL IZZAT?!)

Already have 4 free books. I'm now off to add a few more since I have some time to kill before opening ceremonies.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Had a scary day yesterday. School called, trying to decide if my eldest need an ambulance. He's fine. Bad sinus infection combined with letting himself get very dehydrated made him one loopy kid. Fluids, steroids, and antibiotics. He's doing much better. Even went back to school today. Just no lifting or impact drills, but WHEW! Nothing is more panic-inducing than a sick kiddo.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
WHEW! So glad sick kiddo is okay, but what a scare!

I'm SO psyched to finally meet Andy! Got a kewl autographed trading card from him. He's even letting me share his promo alley space (I owe Andy a drink big time for that). Great start to a great con.

BenPanced

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Met another refugee from The Publisher That Shall Not Be Named Today. She was happy to hear that a fellow has moved on successfully.

And through no fault of my own, I've somehow collected an additional 105 of the romance trading cards above the two what Bubs gave me. I can't help it. It's just...like...they LEAVE them out on the tables...just DARING us to take them or something...

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Well, I just got back from an all-day hell trip to Ohio State Medical Center, the end result of which is--

Can we all say it together?

MORE back surgery for Celina.

Yippee skippy whoop di do.