Assassin's Creed: Rogue

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The game for the last-gen platforms has been announced: Assassin's Creed: Rogue will be out November 11th.

From AC's FB post:

Become the Ultimate Assassin Hunter in Assassin’s Creed Rogue.

Follow Shay on his dark path from loyal Assassin to a grim, committed Assassin hunter. From the streets of New York city to the frozen arctic seas Shay will hunt down the Assassins with one goal: Eliminate the Brotherhood.

[FONT=&quot]Here's the video.

So what do you guys think about playing a Templar and hunting down the American assassins?

[/FONT]

Latina Bunny

Lover of Contemporary/Fantasy Romance (she/her)
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh! That sounds interesting. :D

Still no female main, eh? Aw. (There was that one disguised female Templar from the first game.)

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Rogue is only for the last-gen machines. Ubisoft's going for the frenzy for Unity, which is exclusive to the next-gen machines.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Makes sense. One of the best parts of AC3 was playing as Kenway.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Makes sense. One of the best parts of AC3 was playing as Kenway.

I think we'll agree to disagree on that point, my friend. That discovery wasn't something I enjoyed, and then to see how his character changed to the nasty and stupid at the end of the game made it even worse, at least for me. But, then, AC3 was so riddled with faults, I don't think I do have a "best part" in it.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
I think we'll agree to disagree on that point, my friend. That discovery wasn't something I enjoyed, and then to see how his character changed to the nasty and stupid at the end of the game made it even worse, at least for me. But, then, AC3 was so riddled with faults, I don't think I do have a "best part" in it.

I meant the good part was having a character that felt quite different from Ezio, at least in appearance. But yeah, they totally wasted his potential.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Apparently Haytham and Achilles are in AC:Rogue (Can't just say AC:R anymore, can we?), so it'll be interesting to see how that all ties together, story-wise. And apparently Shay's ship is going to get ice-cutting abilities, so you can go exploring the Great White North and hunt polar bears and narwhals. I suppose that's a rah!, I guess. I'm tired of sailing, personally.

Still not too thrilled about the traitor aspect though. I've having big problems getting behind the idea.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to watch the gameplay on YouTube or read spoilers or something and see if Shay doesn't redeem himself by the end before I decide to buy it. If I want something to play before I get a next gen, I'll replay the games I already know I like. Not spending full-price money on this one.

Latina Bunny

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, either Shay dies a traitor, or he gets redeemed and dies a sort-of unsung hero? (That is, if he dies at all, on-screen anyway.)

I think it could be interesting to have some gray areas within the Templar and Assassins set-up. (Like the Gray Jedi in Star Wars EU, I guess?)

We'll have to wait and see how it goes..

Still, the lack of marketing fanfare so far also makes me nervous. I hope it's not a slap-dash/sloppy and rushed sequel/prequel.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
I watched some gameplay footage they released a few days ago and I'm just kind of "meh" about it.

It looks too much like AC4: Black Flag and, at least to me, felt too "been there, done that." And, the story doesn't really interest me enough to play the game.

Unity looks much more impressive, so I'm definitely getting that one. I'll pass on Rogue.

Latina Bunny

Registered
Reaction score
I'm excited about Unity, too! :)

However, I will have to stick with Rogue for now, because I can't upgrade to PS4 at the moment. We're deciding between PS 4 and WiiU, probably next year or so. It will be tough, since we just got PS3 a few years ago...We'll have to see how backwards-compatible the PS4 models will be. I hate (re-)buying new versions of old games (that I already have hard copies of).

Last edited:

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
I'm excited about Unity, too! :)

However, I will have to stick with Rogue for now, because I can't upgrade to PS4 at the moment. We're deciding between PS 4 and WiiU, probably next year or so. It will be tough, since we just got PS3 a few years ago...We'll have to see how backwards-compatible the PS4 models will be. I hate (re-)buying new versions of old games (that I already have hard copies of).

Um...why not just keep the PS3 you already have?

Latina Bunny

Registered
Reaction score
Um...why not just keep the PS3 you already have?

Um, storage space basically. We got several PC's, Wii, PS2, older model of XBox360, the older chunkier model of the PS3, and a DVD/BluRay player. Plus, handhelds and tablets and two laptops. We also have to plug in cell phones, too. Then, there's my parents' antique stuff that are taking up space everywhere. (There are six people in the house and a few pets. Sometimes more, if other family and friends visit.)

Our cabinet/entertainment center can't fit more--unless we replace the PS3 with one of the smaller models that has more Gigabytes, which is something we are thinking about maybe buying in the far future. Our model of PS3 is now starting to run out of space in GB, so we may have to end up buying a better one, anyway.

Ps4 doesn't play PS3 games, last I heard. Not sure if there's an emulator for PS3 games yet. That's one of the reasons for not upgrading yet. We're still playing and buying PS1/PS2/PS3 games.

(We are also enjoying PC games, too. Lots of variety of games, especially indie games, strategy/simulation games, rpg games, and point-and-click games on the PC.)

Last edited:

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ps4 doesn't play PS3 games, last I heard. Not sure if there's an emulator for PS3 games yet. That's one of the reasons for not upgrading yet. We're still playing and buying PS1/PS2/PS3 games.

PS4 won't be able to play previous gen PS discs, but Sony's talking about having a Cloud-based version of many of the games available somewhen in the foreseeable future. How that will work, how much it will cost (beyond the mandatory PS+ to get online), I don't know, but that's what I've heard. Don't know if that will help.

Latina Bunny

Registered
Reaction score
PS4 won't be able to play previous gen PS discs, but Sony's talking about having a Cloud-based version of many of the games available somewhen in the foreseeable future. How that will work, how much it will cost (beyond the mandatory PS+ to get online), I don't know, but that's what I've heard. Don't know if that will help.

So, kind of like the current downloadable Playstation classics you can buy at the Playstation store with the PSN? Do I have to buy those again?

I hope I can transfer those PS Classics downloads I have on my PSN account, because I am not going to keep buying the same games once again, darn it.

Especially when I still have hard copies of those games to this day, lol.

The reason I had to buy the downloadable versions is because some of the older games don't work on the PS3. (They either freeze up, the screen turns black, or the controllers don't respond.)

Oh, my. I didn't know there was a mandatory PS+ fee? Hmm... Another factor to consider.

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone play this? What do you think?

I'm considering buying it for a Christmas present for the Mr. He enjoyed Black Flag so I'm hoping he likes the ship missions in Rogue.

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
This may be a bit uncharitable, but when I heard about this (and about the new one that's coming later) the first thing I thought was: "Great, the AC franchise is now the Antiques Roadshow of computer gaming".

Thuro

I'm Batman
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, either Shay dies a traitor, or he gets redeemed and dies a sort-of unsung hero? (That is, if he dies at all, on-screen anyway.)

I think it could be interesting to have some gray areas within the Templar and Assassins set-up. (Like the Gray Jedi in Star Wars EU, I guess?)

We'll have to wait and see how it goes..

Still, the lack of marketing fanfare so far also makes me nervous. I hope it's not a slap-dash/sloppy and rushed sequel/prequel.

If you look at the game's from the perspectives of the Assassins it kind of seems like the Assassins are the absolute good guys and the Templars are just the bwah-ha-ha evil doers. That was mainly the Borgia's (which the modern Templars consider to be something of a dark ages). The Templars and the Assassins are kind of like two sides of the same coin. Absolute freedom and absolute control. Neither work.

Warren Vidic and Daniel Cross were the best examples of absolute control.

But many of the Templars and the Assassins fall into a sort of grey category that actually wants what's best for the world.

Its basically the same as any real life war. There are good and bad people on both sides.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Um, storage space basically. (...) Our cabinet/entertainment center can't fit more--unless we replace the PS3 with one of the smaller models that has more Gigabytes, which is something we are thinking about maybe buying in the far future. Our model of PS3 is now starting to run out of space in GB, so we may have to end up buying a better one, anyway.

You could just upgrade the hard drive on your PS3. Much cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.