Hello to All!

Faith_Cusgroy

Registered
Reaction score
Heyo!

Not exactly sure how this works, but here goes:

So, I'm new to AW and thought I'd introduce myself.

Hi, I'm Faith

(I hear, "Hi, Faith" from those around...maybe that's just the voices in my head.)

If you don't think I'm crazy already...just wait, there's more! :D

I like Sci-Fi, Fantasy - like to read it, like to write it, like to critique it. I like it.

I also like to read things that stimulate the brain. These are usually pieces that could generate conflicting opinions. I'll dabble in writing a few controversal pieces myself, but I mainly stick to fiction.

A few random notes: Movies and TV, in my opinion, are meant for entertainment, an escape from reality, if you will. You won't normally catch me watching many documentaries. If it doesn't make me laugh, I will most likely avoid it. If it makes me laugh and cry in 90 mins., I say that's a big success. (Of course, this is vague, and I've probably enjoyed quite a few non-fiction things that didn't make me laugh or cry, but I digress.)

Books fall into somewhat of the same category for me, and that is why I steer toward fiction.

Video games are another escape that I employ as often as I get the chance. (Having a grown up job and other such responsibilities can get in the way of this, as you might know.) I wouldn't be able to name the most recent, most awesome games released, but I've played many of the Legend of Zelda games from the N64 all the way up to Wii. (It's my favorite!) Anything Mario usually strikes my fancy. I guess I'm mostly a Nintendo girl.

Animals are awesome. They usually still love you even when you suck. :snoopy: It's a plus.

My favorite color is blue.

Wow...I don't know if there's a limit to this intro thing, but I hope I didn't exceed it.

NOW! Tell me a little about yourself, please! How do we relate or differ in interests? Anything else you want to let me know about AW, what you write, the things I've mentioned...anything really...would be great.

Faith

Writelock

Tribal Wanderer
Registered
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the asylum!

Well, you asked for details so, I am a father to a young Mario maniac, I like fiction but spend most of my time writing non-fic.

*waves hi*

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome aboard

I'm not nearly as dangerous as all of these folks around here will probably tell you am. I spend some time on the green green grass etc thread over on the humor forum. Now, that place IS dangerous

BRDurkin

Trigger-Happy Pyromaniac Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bryanrdurkin.blogspot.com
Welcome aboard, Faith! I write/read sci-fi and fantasy as well! I like blue a lot, though my favorite color is green. I was a N64 pro, back in the day ;) I also like animals, dogs in particular.

Hope to see you around the forums a lot!

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Faith!

Welcome to AW!

Don't forget to read about AW basics in the Newbie Guide!

Questions about the forum software can be found in the
FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page.

This common acronym list helps identify our mystifying abbreviations.

Before you ask that Newbie question!!

See if Katiemac has the answer here.
and check out: Sara's 10 Basic Writing Tips!

If you're looking for critiques please read the 50 Post rule.

Posting your writing to the Share Your Work (SYW) area is explained here. This link covers the most common problems posts. found in SYW *Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how and why AW works.

Welcome to our community! =)

-kelly-

Fun AW social links:
The Office Party
Kelly's Soft Asylum

Ravenheart

Trying to figure it out.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi and welcome... I write fantasy as well. Let's see... Details. Love the color green but my husband is convinced my favorite color is red. He might be right. *scratching head* Our bedroom does border on that color. I'm a wife and mother... Wear many hats, etc. etc. Definitely a crazy cat lady! I'm new here too and still learning the ropes.

Last edited:

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler!

writingismypassion

~Charity~
Registered
Reaction score
Howdy! I write romance and loved Mario Bros. on Super Nintendo as a kid. Not much of a gamer now, but I do have a Wii and enjoy using it.

Welcome!

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome from another science fiction and fantasy fan. I, too, prefer to treat books as entertainment. Also, Zelda and Mario are great game series.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Rockweaver

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Faith and welcome as you like blue the color of the site should make you happy :)

Faith_Cusgroy

Registered
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the asylum!

Well, you asked for details so, I am a father to a young Mario maniac, I like fiction but spend most of my time writing non-fic.

*waves hi*

Hi and thanks!

I bet that's how my dad felt when I was a kiddo.

So does that mean you read more fiction? Do you write about being a father in your non-fic, or do you like to write about outside of your personal life experiences?

Faith_Cusgroy

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Faith! I write/read sci-fi and fantasy as well! I like blue a lot, though my favorite color is green. I was a N64 pro, back in the day ;) I also like animals, dogs in particular.

Hope to see you around the forums a lot!

THANKS!

My brother's fave color is green. It's ties for second with purple in my book. :) Idk why, but I always have to include my favorite color in things about me.

Super Smash Bros or more Mario Party or something else entirely?

Dogs rock. I also recently found that I'm a rabbit person.

Writelock

Tribal Wanderer
Registered
Reaction score
Hi and thanks!

I bet that's how my dad felt when I was a kiddo.

So does that mean you read more fiction? Do you write about being a father in your non-fic, or do you like to write about outside of your personal life experiences?

Actually I dabble in fiction, but focus on non-fiction when I write. I would love to give you a long, thoughtful reason, but the simple fact is, my non-fic sells better. When I write I tend to meld my own experiences with those that occur outside.

Last edited:

Faith_Cusgroy

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Faith!

Welcome to AW!

Don't forget to read about AW basics in the Newbie Guide!

Questions about the forum software can be found in the
FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page.

This common acronym list helps identify our mystifying abbreviations.

Before you ask that Newbie question!!

See if Katiemac has the answer here.
and check out: Sara's 10 Basic Writing Tips!

If you're looking for critiques please read the 50 Post rule.

Posting your writing to the Share Your Work (SYW) area is explained here. This link covers the most common problems posts. found in SYW *Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how and why AW works.

Welcome to our community! =)

-kelly-

Fun AW social links:
The Office Party
Kelly's Soft Asylum

Thanks very much, Kelly! I'll try to get some of this stuff done before I ask a newb question... :tongue

Faith_Cusgroy

Registered
Reaction score
Hi and welcome... I write fantasy as well. Let's see... Details. Love the color green but my husband is convinced my favorite color is red. He might be right. *scratching head* Our bedroom does border on that color. I'm a wife and mother... Wear many hats, etc. etc. Definitely a crazy cat lady! I'm new here too and still learning the ropes.

Thank you!

That's cool, maybe I'll see some of your writing around.

My second favorite is green (tied with purple.) It's also my brother's favorite color. Wow...I just realized...I think some people would argue with me about that too. My room is done in red, black, and white. Interesting.

How many children do you have?

(When you say you wear many hats, at first, I took it literally and thought of that club of red hat wearing ladies. I'm translating it to be more of a metaphor, now, that you fall into many roles. I must've had quite a moment, there, if you'll excuse me and what's left of my pride. :D)

I like cats, but I've never owned one...I don't think I'll ever personally own a cat. (Best friend's allergic.)

Nice to meet a fellow newbie! Like I said hope to see you around.

Random side note: Your username is awesome!

Faith_Cusgroy

Registered
Reaction score
Howdy! I write romance and loved Mario Bros. on Super Nintendo as a kid. Not much of a gamer now, but I do have a Wii and enjoy using it.

Welcome!

Howdy!

Romance and Mario Bros. Super cool that those interests can be intermingled into one person! I'm not much of a big romance genre fan, myself, but maybe I'll see some of your work around. I try to incorporate minor romance into my writing because it can be so intriguing.

Wii is soooo good, because you can play a video game and be active at the same time!

Thanks!