Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
I do enjoy the deep conversations that go on in here as well. Even if I usually can't think of anything smart to add to them...

Oh well, I'm off to bed. I've had enough Pleasure of Tension for the night. Good night to all!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning or night all.

Ali, what's shaking? Did you get a smibble virus? You could be patient zero.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
To be realistic, probably the best solution is time. When my mother was in school, coming out was a way to get yourself a trip to the hospital. In my day, coming out was a way to get yourself socially ostracized. My children's generation, coming out is a source of gossip, no more to be censured than cheating on your sweetheart. In another generation, it's not going to make the least bit of difference.

Is that fair? Hell, no. Is it probably how it's going to play out? Yeah. Sucks.
The ideal world is one where nobody has to 'come out', because someday hopefully someone being gay won't be considered noteworthy enough that it has to be announced to people.

My whole coming out went relatively smoothly, but it's not fair that gay people have to go through something as utterly terrifying as that with the fear of being horribly rejected by the people close to them.

Meh. The world isn't fair.

For the record, yet again: Have I mentioned recently how much I love you guys and love the Cantina?

I love the silliness and innuendo and general horsing around. But I also love that, when the conversation gets heavy -- like today -- we can discuss it, and express different opinions, without feeling the need to jab at each other. That is sooooo rare.
Seconded. Cantina is the best forum board I've ever been to. I wuv you guys. :D

Me neither.

And I am one.
My main "why?" moments with straight men is trying to fully grasp why boobs are so amazing. I'm just physically incapable of understanding that one and always will be.

Anyway, good morning all! How are we all this fine morning?

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
For the record, yet again: Have I mentioned recently how much I love you guys and love the Cantina?

I love the silliness and innuendo and general horsing around. But I also love that, when the conversation gets heavy -- like today -- we can discuss it, and express different opinions, without feeling the need to jab at each other. That is sooooo rare.

It is good. Probably has something to do with all of use being writers. I know there are some writers out there who are horrible people, but as a generalisation, we're more interested in figuring people out and knowing the why.

My main "why?" moments with straight men is trying to fully grasp why boobs are so amazing. I'm just physically incapable of understanding that one and always will be.

Anyway, good morning all! How are we all this fine morning?

This is a major why for me too. A very big one. I don't get it at allllll.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score

If you don't immediately get it, then it would be impossible to explain. :D

As with all good things, there are downsides to the fascination - one badly-timed e-mail, and I get distracted for hours with no writing being done...

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Today, it's 15 degrees warmer than it was this weekend. Feels like spring, y'all.

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
They're just bits of flesh - they don't even do anything. I mean, at least with a guys... equipment, it moves. And does other important stuff in copulation.

:p
Exactly! They're just... there. Yet guys are so damn obsessed with them, it just doesn't make any sense. It's just confusing. They don't even do anything.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oookay.

Here, have a funny picture.

bunker_zpscc18b050.jpg

*desperately tries to stop this line of discussion*

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
You've let us down, 10. You've let us down, you've let the Cantina down and, most importantly, you've let yourself down. :D

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score

Exactly! They're just... there. Yet guys are so damn obsessed with them, it just doesn't make any sense. It's just confusing. They don't even do anything.

While I'm not a straight man, I'll attempt to explain what's so good about breasts. I'll put it in patented Invisotext for those who don't wish for that little peek into my mind: ...
...um...
...erm...
...they look nice? #^_^#

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, writers. Is there writing going on today?

If this cold will let me, maybe. I'm afraid to try and edit right now, I might screw the story up even more. :)

Today, it's 15 degrees warmer than it was this weekend. Feels like spring, y'all.

Today it is very much winter. It snowed all last night. But you know, I like to see snow in the predawn, before the world is awake and the snow is all perfect and pristine.

10, you're supposed to be the naughty one!

This was my thought.

And here's my thought on boobs from a straight woman.

They are fun to play with and in the right clothes they look good.

ION, did I mention I have a for real cold. I feel like goop.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
I have no f***ingt clue why I like breasts so much, but I think to a degree straight men like breasts because they don't have them. If that makes any sense.

There's also some slight bits of evidence to suggest that bigger, rounder breasts are (or were at some point) an indicator of higher estrogen levels, which on a purely biological level would be a pretty good reason for a man to find someone attractive.

Typically, women who started puberty earlier will end up with bigger breasts, regardless of when their breasts stop growing. I'm probably a pretty good example of that.

Sidenote, a woman with big breasts typically has a big ass, which I also like, and hips, and all sorts of other deliciousness.

Status
Not open for further replies.